Error when adding a package to an existing GPO! HELP!

All:

For the last couple of days, I have been trying to deploy
a package via a GPO and have been encountering the
following error on the domain controller I'm creating the
package link on:

Event ID: 107
Source: Software Installation

Software Installation was unable to read the MSI file
\\[server_name]\Packages\Package0051\PRODUCTS\app.msi.
The following error was encountered: SQL query syntax
invalid or unsupported.

I have even tried creating a NEW GPO and attempted to add
the package, but no luck, same error (I also re-created a
new package link from a different server, same error). The
thought of a corrupted package also crossed my mind so I
conducted a restore from 6 months ago, still no luck.
Funny thing is, this package has been in production for
about 3 years now. We have only noticed the issue for
about 1 month when we did not see the application install
on new machine builds.
Can anyone point me to any documentation explaining how to
troubleshoot this issue more efficiently? Any ideas will
be greatly appreciated? (I have also tried searching on
GOOGLE, but there are not a lot of articles pointing to
this issue.)

Thanks again,

J.M.C.
1 answer Last reply
More about error adding package existing help

    The error seems like a package error. Try testing a basic msi in the policy
    such as adminpak.msi to determine if that works. If deploying adminpak
    works then that would leave me to believe that it is a problem with the
    package. Does the package install if you run it manually? That would be
    another test to try. There is some additional logging that you can enable
    to troubleshoot this error. Take a look at the following articles for more
    info

    246509 Troubleshooting Program Deployment By Using Verbose Logging
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246509

    223300 How to Enable Windows Installer Logging
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=223300
    Tim Hines, MCSE, MCSA
    Windows 2000 Directory Services

    from your issue.

    "Joe (thrillerIT)" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > All:
    >
    > For the last couple of days, I have been trying to deploy
    > a package via a GPO and have been encountering the
    > following error on the domain controller I'm creating the
    > package link on:
    >
    > Event ID: 107
    > Source: Software Installation

    > Software Installation was unable to read the MSI file
    > \\[server_name]\Packages\Package0051\PRODUCTS\app.msi.
    > The following error was encountered: SQL query syntax
    > invalid or unsupported.
    >
    > I have even tried creating a NEW GPO and attempted to add
    > the package, but no luck, same error (I also re-created a
    > new package link from a different server, same error). The
    > thought of a corrupted package also crossed my mind so I
    > conducted a restore from 6 months ago, still no luck.
    > Funny thing is, this package has been in production for
    > about 3 years now. We have only noticed the issue for
    > about 1 month when we did not see the application install
    > on new machine builds.
    > Can anyone point me to any documentation explaining how to
    > troubleshoot this issue more efficiently? Any ideas will
    > be greatly appreciated? (I have also tried searching on
    > GOOGLE, but there are not a lot of articles pointing to
    > this issue.)
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > J.M.C.

Windows