msi package install via Group Policy

I was testing the above software isntallation method on my network, however it only works if the msi package was located in a local share. As soon as i try to put the msi pakage in a network shared folder on one of the servers the install no longer works. The error message I saw when I did a rsop.msc was "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it." The way I had my group policy setup was to assign the msi pakage to the computer account. Since the error message implied that it might be a rights issue, I double checked the permissions set on the network shared folder where the msi package is located, both the authenticated users and domain computers have "full control" to the shared folder! But it still doesn't work. Please keep in mind that, it worked perfectly when the msi package was shared out locally.
3 answers Last reply
More about package install group policy

    Have you figured this out yet? I believe we are having
    similar problems.

    No, we haven't. I wish someone can help.

    Carl,
    Is your MSI located on a cluster?

Policy Windows MSI-Microstar