GP Software Install Fails

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've setup a GP to install Office 2003. It is Assigned to
computers. I have a security group setup with only the
computers I want the policy applied to. That group has
read and apply permissions to the GP and fall within the
scope of the GP. I have granted that group share level
access and file level access to the full path of the
installation files. However, I still get the following
error.

The install of application Microsoft Office Professional
Edition 2003 from policy Office2003 failed. The error was
The installation source for this product is not
available. Verify that the source exists and that you can
access it. .

I've already checked KB278472.

Somebody please help! As far as I can tell, the
permissions are setup properly.....

The Computer must have access to the share where the package is placed,
because the computer use its account and not the group when its begin to
install assigned applications in the Computer Configuration Part of the
Policy

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> I've setup a GP to install Office 2003. It is Assigned to
> computers. I have a security group setup with only the
> computers I want the policy applied to. That group has
> read and apply permissions to the GP and fall within the
> scope of the GP. I have granted that group share level
> access and file level access to the full path of the
> installation files. However, I still get the following
> error.
>
> The install of application Microsoft Office Professional
> Edition 2003 from policy Office2003 failed. The error was
> The installation source for this product is not
> available. Verify that the source exists and that you can
> access it. .
>
> I've already checked KB278472.
>
> Somebody please help! As far as I can tell, the
> permissions are setup properly.....

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Christoffer,
The computer is a member of the group which does have
permissions. Are you saying that is not good enough, and
that each computer that needs to run the policy will need
individual permissions setup for the share? I don't
completely agree or understand what you are saying here.
Please clarify. Thanks,
Rob

Hello Rob,

Sorry the post was not clear, I'm not sure if it will work if you remove the
default permission and just add the group the computer object belongs to.
See what happens if you add Domain Computers or Authenticated Users to the
ACL (Security)

--

> Christoffer,
> The computer is a member of the group which does have
> permissions. Are you saying that is not good enough, and
> that each computer that needs to run the policy will need
> individual permissions setup for the share? I don't
> completely agree or understand what you are saying here.
> Please clarify. Thanks,
> Rob

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ok. I've narrowed down the problem and found this to be
really screwed up. I've shared out the MSI file on a
different server with the same permissions setup. It
works!

The difference is the initial server I was trying to host
on is a Cluster. Any ideas on this?