Windows Media Player file type annoyances

I am running Windows XP Professional with SP2 installed. I also have Windows
Media Player 10 installed. WMP is _not_ my preferred player, and it is not
the default application for any major media types. Still I find that most of
the entries in the context menu when I right click a media type are
WMP-related. I have tried editing the file types in the registry, but I am
unable to find any registry entries for the following options:

- Add to Now Playing list
- Add to Playlist...
- Add to Sync List
- Add to Burn List
- Play with Media Player

I consider these to be clutter on my context-menu. The only WMP-related
entry I want for my media files is under the "Open With" submenu. Apart from
that I want to rip out all of the above and leave them bleeding on the
ground. But how on earth do I do this? I do not find them in the registry,
and I don't find any options in WMP to remove them.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows media player file type annoyances

    Hi André,

    See if this command helps, from Start, Run:

    regsvr32 /u wmpshell.dll

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > regsvr32 /u wmpshell.dll

    That's it. Thanks.

    You're welcome!

    --

    > Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    >> regsvr32 /u wmpshell.dll
    >
    > That's it. Thanks.

Media Player Registry File Type Windows XP