Policy will only work if user has admin right. HELP

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 4, 2004 12:42:07 PM

I having trouble applying a policy to an ou.

If the computer accounts user has admin rights to the
local machine the policy works. If i remove the user from
the admin group and add him any other group besides admin
the policy is not applied. Can anyone help me?

More about : policy work user admin

Anonymous
June 4, 2004 4:13:02 PM

Check the security filtering on the GPO. Make sure that Authenticated
Users/Domain Users/some relevant security group has both the "Read" and
"Apply Group Policy" permission enabled.

--
******************************
Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

"Roz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I having trouble applying a policy to an ou.
>
> If the computer accounts user has admin rights to the
> local machine the policy works. If i remove the user from
> the admin group and add him any other group besides admin
> the policy is not applied. Can anyone help me?
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 3:01:11 AM

I would definitely check the security permissions on the GPO because it
sounds as if the default permissions for the Authenticated Users group are
not applying.

!