Policy will only work if user has admin right. HELP

I having trouble applying a policy to an ou.

If the computer accounts user has admin rights to the
local machine the policy works. If i remove the user from
the admin group and add him any other group besides admin
the policy is not applied. Can anyone help me?
2 answers Last reply
More about policy work user admin right help

    Check the security filtering on the GPO. Make sure that Authenticated
    Users/Domain Users/some relevant security group has both the "Read" and
    "Apply Group Policy" permission enabled.

    --
    ******************************
    Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

    "Roz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I having trouble applying a policy to an ou.
    >
    > If the computer accounts user has admin rights to the
    > local machine the policy works. If i remove the user from
    > the admin group and add him any other group besides admin
    > the policy is not applied. Can anyone help me?

    I would definitely check the security permissions on the GPO because it
    sounds as if the default permissions for the Authenticated Users group are
    not applying.
    "Roz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I having trouble applying a policy to an ou.
    >
    > If the computer accounts user has admin rights to the
    > local machine the policy works. If i remove the user from
    > the admin group and add him any other group besides admin
    > the policy is not applied. Can anyone help me?

Policy Computers Microsoft Windows