Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Pentium D 945 Oc'd at 4Ghz faster than C2D E6600?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 16, 2007 12:34:01 AM

SUP, my brother got a new comp after i fried his AMD last week. he got a Pentium D 945 and some how managed to overclocked it to 4Ghz. is his comp faster than my Core 2 duo at stock speeds?If so, would it be faster than mine overclocked like it is? he has a Foxconn mobo wit 2Gigs of OCZ PC-6400 ram with a 945G chip set. thanks alot. l8er :) 
January 16, 2007 12:59:56 AM

Not even by a Long shot :lol:  . A E6400 @ 2.13Ghz is also good enough to out perform that Pentium @ 4Ghz so a E6600 @ 2.4Ghz With 4Mb L2 is about another 15% better than the E6400 so I'd estimate your E6600 @ Stock speeds about a good Light year Ahead of his 4Ghz PD
January 16, 2007 1:32:31 AM

YES, thanks man...I'm going to stick this in his face. thanks again, l8er :) 
Related resources
January 16, 2007 1:52:00 AM

LOL your E6600 @ 3.2GHz is about equivalent to a 6.5GHz P4D. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Your brother = OWNED! 8)
January 16, 2007 3:15:18 AM

I know this is a little off topic but uh how did you fry his AMD?
January 16, 2007 3:25:53 AM

Quote:
I know this is a little off topic but uh how did you fry is AMD?


I'm also curious.

You should run some benchmarks against his. Make sure you turn off unnecessary processes and clean up the OS a little first, though, :p 
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2007 3:28:03 AM

His will boil water quicker than yours though. Got to love those Prescott heaters!
January 16, 2007 3:40:22 AM

Quote:
His will boil water quicker than yours though. Got to love those Prescott heaters!


I see no Prescotts in this thread, :p 
January 16, 2007 3:42:29 AM

e6600 is faster buy a mile. Run some benchies and you will see. I mean you will see a sadness on his face.
January 16, 2007 3:43:17 AM

Quote:
I know this is a little off topic but uh how did you fry is AMD?


bugs me...
January 16, 2007 12:58:08 PM

Yah, the AMD i fryed last week...i tryed to overclock it, i didnt know what to do so i just changed the hyper transport speed to 1600mhz. i didnt think i would damage it because the mobo is RoHs compliant. Obviously i was wrong and damaged the mobo and CPU. YUP..total noob to AMD overclocking, intels are soooo much easyer and have alot of performance gain. l8er :) 
January 16, 2007 2:09:20 PM

Quote:
Yah, the AMD i fryed last week...i tryed to overclock it, i didnt know what to do so i just changed the hyper transport speed to 1600mhz. i didnt think i would damage it because the mobo is RoHs compliant. Obviously i was wrong and damaged the mobo and CPU. YUP..total noob to AMD overclocking, intels are soooo much easyer and have alot of performance gain. l8er :) 


I wouldn't say either Intel or AMD's are easier or harder to overclock...
January 16, 2007 2:19:19 PM

Core2 Duo E6600 at stock freqfency is faster than 4GHZ Pentium D 9xx.
!