difference in camera modes?

Ok, I see how the top-down view is different from the other two, but how are
'chase' and 'drive' modes different from one another? In both, you can use
the keyboard to move your PC, and also in both the camera follows behind the
PC. Is there something else that separates one from the other?

--

John Salerno

We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at least once.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

darius

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I see how the top-down view is different from the other two, but how
are
> 'chase' and 'drive' modes different from one another? In both, you can use
> the keyboard to move your PC, and also in both the camera follows behind
the
> PC. Is there something else that separates one from the other?

In Drive mode, the camera angle is a little bit lower than in chase mode
(i.e. you can see a bit further out). When you turn, the camera stays tight
and turns with you at the same time. In Chase mode, the camera turn has a
delay... if you've every played a flight sim and used an external chase cam,
its like a much simpler version of that.

kish-kumen

DARIUS wrote:
> "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ok, I see how the top-down view is different from the other two, but
>> how are 'chase' and 'drive' modes different from one another? In
>> both, you can use the keyboard to move your PC, and also in both the
>> camera follows behind the PC. Is there something else that separates
>> one from the other?
>>

> In Drive mode, the camera angle is a little bit lower than in chase
> mode (i.e. you can see a bit further out). When you turn, the camera
> stays tight and turns with you at the same time. In Chase mode, the
> camera turn has a delay... if you've every played a flight sim and
> used an external chase cam, its like a much simpler version of that.
>
> kish-kumen

I see. So not too much difference, I guess. Thanks.

--
John Salerno

In Chase Cam mode, like Overhead View, the point around which the camera
pans and tilts is about three feet from the floor, about the center of a
human's body. In Drive Mode, it's about six feet from the floor, where a
human's head is.