I need to disable the"prompt uses to change password.

Greetings, I set up a domain policy sometime ago to prompt users to change their passwords after 14 days. I disabled it a while back but it still prompts users to change their passwords. I looked at the local settings on the DC and still see the local setting = 14 days, and the effective settings = 14 days and have no ability to disable them both. Please help.
Thanks, ed.

Check whatever GPO's are applying to the users computers. In a default
installation it would be Domain Security Policy, but it could be configured
in any GPO at the domain or OU level [for notification - not actual password
maximum age configuration]. Use gpresult while logged onto a computer to
what computer policy is being applied to that computer. --- Steve

"Ed01" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings, I set up a domain policy sometime ago to prompt users to
change their passwords after 14 days. I disabled it a while back but it
still prompts users to change their passwords. I looked at the local
settings on the DC and still see the local setting = 14 days, and the
effective settings = 14 days and have no ability to disable them both.
Please help.
> Thanks, ed.

I'd be happy to switch places with you. We can't get ours to give us a
prompt. Go figure.

"Ed01" wrote:

> Greetings, I set up a domain policy sometime ago to prompt users to change their passwords after 14 days. I disabled it a while back but it still prompts users to change their passwords. I looked at the local settings on the DC and still see the local setting = 14 days, and the effective settings = 14 days and have no ability to disable them both. Please help.
> Thanks, ed.

No answer here, but you might find the discussion in the thread "Passwords
expiring with no notification" of interest.

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP

"Dan Carrington" <DanCarrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd be happy to switch places with you. We can't get ours to give us a
> prompt. Go figure.
>
> "Ed01" wrote:
>
>> Greetings, I set up a domain policy sometime ago to prompt users to
>> change their passwords after 14 days. I disabled it a while back but it
>> still prompts users to change their passwords. I looked at the local
>> settings on the DC and still see the local setting = 14 days, and the
>> effective settings = 14 days and have no ability to disable them both.
>> Please help.
>> Thanks, ed.

Latest posts