Too many processes running on clean win7 install. (Ram too.)

oshadowx

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I just got my computer back from my friend that was fixing my bad memory problem after geeksquad tried to bull**** me and I noticed I had alot of processes running and a bad ram usage. Im not sure whats wrong here because Im not good with this stuff but I'd appreciate the help. I just clean installed windows a week ago and only added like 3 programs (steam, G1 Live, and other needed stuff.)

When Im downloading a game my internet is slow as sh** and when Im browsing the web my 1000kbps comcast download speed on the game (which is already bad) drops down to 30kbps. Im guessing this is a ram/registry problem. Ive never cleaned the registry.

oshadowx

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Heres a screenshot of the task manager. http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/deathpanda96/?action=view&current=Untitled.png

daship

Distinguished
looks normal if you got some app running, ram usage is spot on no matter what, win7 uses lots my PC is using 2.8G ram just typing this.

Go to speedtest.net and run a test if its not right call you isp, sounds definitely like a bad interent connection to me.

Lucky me, and I'm only paying for 25Mbps.

c0oim4n

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
I concur with daship - Windows, especially Win7, is amazing for deciding you don't need that extra RAM you're not putting forward to a useful application, and will put it to work doing something in the background that doesn't really need to be done. I'm currently using 5.39GB of my RAM right now, and I've only got 88 processes running. svchost.exe is the biggest hog of them all - which is unfortunately a Windows-dependant resource

cbrunnem

Distinguished
i got 88 processes running and i have seen up to 130 and i never have a speed problem. everything seems fine with your pc and you will never get a full 6 mb/s out of your connection.

i have rellatively high speed internet.....(90-100 mb/s) so its not to fast and im lucky to get 20 mb/s download on a large file. oh and that drops to 4-5 mb/s on a n series wireless connection.