Never shopping NewEgg again

xartion

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Update: I made this post a couple days ago, both on here and on resellerratings. I originally was not going to shop Newegg again and since this post I have ordered a number of parts from other retailers, however, Newegg promptly gave me a fairly generous online credit towards another purchase. This was the main factor that led me purchase from them again. I made that other purchase and it was verified, billed, and shipped without a hitch (as it usually did with the egg prior to this problem) and should arrive tomorrow. We will see in a couple of days if the credit applies, that is, whether my bank account gets the extra money, but overall I am pretty impressed by Newegg's desire to correct the problem (they called me via phone about 5 minutes after I made the resellerratings review). However, I am a little curious as to whether I would have been contacted had I not left a scathing review on RR. Perhaps this one order was just an anomaly since I placed several orders during the same time frame with other companies with no problems, but overall I'm pleased at how much they value the customers' business, at least after a problem has occurred

Feb 24, 2006
Dear xartion,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me in reference to this situation. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize again for the any inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately, the information provided on this order was not able to be verified with the card issuing bank and is why this order wasn’t able to process as smoothly as normal.

With this said, I’m pleased we were able to come to a suitable resolution. Your new order appears to be in transit currently with a delivery date listed as 7-16-2010.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions or concerns. You can reach me at Maverick.b.Iniguez@newegg.com or 1800-390-1119.

Thank you,
Newegg.com

+1.

@OP: Exactly what was the issue?

I'v ordered a hell of a lot of stuff over Newegg in the past 4-5 years (~$30k or so; I do custom builds for $$$) and never had a problem with them.

urbansaint

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
I dont want to hear it! i have built an entire system from newegg without a problem. newegg is not out to get you or anyone else. there prices are the lowest there customer service isnt a joke i/e tigerdirect... they are a very legitament business and i would never order from another company!!

Agree totally! Newegg is great in performance including great prices!

I hope people who complain realize that the cost of perfection is infinite!

wbloechel

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Currently building an entire system of Newegg, fairly new to them but after everything I have seen they have loyal customer out of me! Kinda makes me want to make up a raving mad complaint to get a credit...but alas I don't have the heart. Also found a few components else where for cheaper but I don't think I'll risk it. Sticking with you, Newegg!

Only problem I have had with Newegg is the UPS shipping they use -- UPS here is terrible on the delivery times (always past 8PM the day of scheduled delivery) and almost every order I place winds up taking over a weekend since they do not make deliveries on Saturdays (even if I place the order Monday morning Newegg usually doesn't process it until Tuesday afternoon and then shows UPS pickup as Wednesday morning with a delivery scheduled for the following Monday - when I was in Los Angeles, I used to be able to order on a monday and have it by wednesday or thursday at the latest but here in El Paso every order takes a minimum of a full week ( They offer to remove the shipping charge for the delay but that doesn't really do much when the shipping was Free) - and the sad part is the order tracking will show it as arriving in El Paso Friday morning but they won't even let you go down and pick it up so it sits on a truck waiting to be unloaded until Monday morning) -So I have started ordering from elsewhere for deliveries that I need in a hurry and just use Newegg for personal orders where time isn't that important.

Kraze7

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Never had any problem with Newegg.

JDFan,

Man... I had my fair share of UPS shipping... Those mofo are so useless... I was home all day waiting for my shipment but guess what they never show up and when I recheck my tracking online it said missed delivery. It didn't happen once or twice but many times. So USPS or FedEx are my only options now.

I'm in NY and they shipped from NJ so usually take one day regardless of shipping method. Free shipping and 1 day delivery when UPS actually delivered.