Event ID: 301
Date: 6/8/2004
Time: 4:57:32 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: BOLSON02
The assignment of application Microsoft Office XP Professional from policy
OfficeXP succeeded.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Management
Event Category: None
Event ID: 102
Date: 6/8/2004
Time: 4:57:32 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: BOLSON02
The install of application Microsoft Office XP Professional from policy
OfficeXP failed. The error was : The installation source for this product
is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Management
Event Category: None
Event ID: 303
Date: 6/8/2004
Time: 4:57:33 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: BOLSON02
The removal of the assignment of application Microsoft Office XP
Professional from policy OfficeXP succeeded.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Management
Event Category: None
Event ID: 108
Date: 6/8/2004
Time: 4:57:33 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: BOLSON02
Failed to apply changes to software installation settings. Software changes
could not be applied. A previous log entry with details should exist. The
error was : The installation source for this product is not available.
Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1085
Date: 6/8/2004
Time: 4:57:33 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: BOLSON02
The Group Policy client-side extension Software Installation failed to
execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

Hi,

Just as simple test to confirm your permissions on the install folder,
temporarily add everyone full control NTFS permissions to the folder and see
what the result is. If this works your problem is related to NTFS
permissions, if it still does not work, try recreating the package in the
group policy.

Good luck

Niclas Lindblom

"CB" <cblairATfargo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
couple
> of PCs at a time. I created OU's for each department. As i move computers
> into the new OU's they should have Office installed on them. But so far i
am
> 0/5. I have verifed that the computers have access to the share
> \\servername\apps\officexp\PRO.MSI. Each one errors out saying no access
> installation source. Below is the event messages that are logged. Any help
> would be MUCH apperciated!
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: Application Management
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 301
> Date: 6/8/2004
> Time: 4:57:32 AM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: BOLSON02
> The assignment of application Microsoft Office XP Professional from policy
> OfficeXP succeeded.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Application Management
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 102
> Date: 6/8/2004
> Time: 4:57:32 AM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: BOLSON02
> The install of application Microsoft Office XP Professional from policy
> OfficeXP failed. The error was : The installation source for this product
> is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access
it.

> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: Application Management
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 303
> Date: 6/8/2004
> Time: 4:57:33 AM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: BOLSON02
> The removal of the assignment of application Microsoft Office XP
> Professional from policy OfficeXP succeeded.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Application Management
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 108
> Date: 6/8/2004
> Time: 4:57:33 AM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: BOLSON02
> Failed to apply changes to software installation settings. Software
changes
> could not be applied. A previous log entry with details should exist.
The
> error was : The installation source for this product is not available.
> Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Userenv
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1085
> Date: 6/8/2004
> Time: 4:57:33 AM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: BOLSON02
> The Group Policy client-side extension Software Installation failed to
> execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

CB

Thanks for the reply.

I created a TEST OU and applied the same Office XP install package and
security settings to the GPO. And everything worked. I then recreated the
package and it worked. My biggest concern now is the few test clients I did
get to work on the Production AD will not get reinstalled. Is there a way to
avoid that? Is this a common occurrence?

"Niclas Lindblom" <NOSPAMlindblom_niclas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> > Computer: BOLSON02
> > Failed to apply changes to software installation settings. Software
> changes
> > could not be applied. A previous log entry with details should exist.
> The
> > error was : The installation source for this product is not available.
> > Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: Userenv
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 1085
> > Date: 6/8/2004
> > Time: 4:57:33 AM
> > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> > Computer: BOLSON02
> > The Group Policy client-side extension Software Installation failed to
> > execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

If I understand you right, you want the few machines you got working
reinstalled. You can do this by right clicking on the package and choose
"redeploy" this will force the package to install again on all objects the
policy applies to.

Regards