USB Devices get no drive letter when on domain

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've recently replaced my W2000 PDC with one based on W2003 Enterprise.
When my workstations are logged into domain accounts USB devices are
recognized but no drive letter is assigned. If I log into the local maching
admin account and bypass the domain drive letters are dynamically assigned
when the device is plugged in.

Is there a setting on AD or the PDC that is restricting these devices?

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I think I've experienced the same problem... a camera we
have was trying to use a drive letter (E) that was
already mapped to a network share. It took a little
manual work to get it going--had to manually assign a
drive letter to it in Disk Management. I assigned it the
S drive, and disconnected the camera. Plugged it back
in, and it popped up with the S: drive in My Computer.

HTH

Ken