Software Installation gpo's

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Here's one for the group:

I thought that by using an "Assigned" computer
installation, the package would be 'self healing'... i.e.
Office 2003. The GPO is configured w/ the pro.msi and a
custom MST file... seems to install fine. Then for some
reason, the user removes a part of the software, like
Excel or the whole thing for that matter. Shouldn't the
gpo 'heal' the computer and reinstall Office?

On a somewhat related note, is there a way to re-deploy a
package that was deployed via GPO?

Thanks everyone :)

Ken

On your second question, yes, right click on the packae in your GPO and you
will find an option to re-deploy.

Regards

Niclas Lindblom

"Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here's one for the group:
>
> I thought that by using an "Assigned" computer
> installation, the package would be 'self healing'... i.e.
> Office 2003. The GPO is configured w/ the pro.msi and a
> custom MST file... seems to install fine. Then for some
> reason, the user removes a part of the software, like
> Excel or the whole thing for that matter. Shouldn't the
> gpo 'heal' the computer and reinstall Office?
>
> On a somewhat related note, is there a way to re-deploy a
> package that was deployed via GPO?
>

> Thanks everyone :)
>
> Ken

ken