E6300 overclocking with DDR400

Hello I was wondering if someone could tell me what to set my ddr400 to when overclocking. 1:1 and can I set the FSB to 400mhz? thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about e6300 overclocking ddr400
  1. I'm not aware of any motherbaords that support e6300 and ddr ram? Which motherboard are you using?

OR

are u sure you have ddr400?. Because if its ddr2 ram, CPU-Z and other utilites will report 400mhz, but in practice, its doubel that to get 800
  2. i thought intel dropped ddr2 like ages ago? or are the motherboard manufacturers using some custom chip or chipset mod to enable ddr?
  3. Quote:
    i thought intel dropped ddr2 like ages ago? or are the motherboard manufacturers using some custom chip or chipset mod to enable ddr?

Not sure what rock you have been living under, but DDR2 is required for any Intel chipset from the 925X and up according to the document "Full-size PDF of Performance/Mainstream Desktop Chipsets Chart"
    And as for Nvidia, any chipset from the NForce4 Ultra and up according to this document "NVIDIA nForce for Intel - Desktop"

Now I am not sure about AMD, but I am sure that someone here can answer that...
  4. Quote:
    i thought intel dropped ddr2 like ages ago? or are the motherboard manufacturers using some custom chip or chipset mod to enable ddr?

Not sure what rock you have been living under, but DDR2 is required for any Intel chipset from the 925X and up according to the document "Full-size PDF of Performance/Mainstream Desktop Chipsets Chart"
    And as for Nvidia, any chipset from the NForce4 Ultra and up according to this document "NVIDIA nForce for Intel - Desktop"

Now I am not sure about AMD, but I am sure that someone here can answer that...

oh sh1t! i got told...

:cry:

naaaah, twas a typo. shuda read ddr(1) :D
  5. Quote:

naaaah, twas a typo. shuda read ddr(1) Very Happy

No problem, just making sure we are giving correct information here :)
  6. My mobo is a Abit IP-95 it supports DDR400 and DDR2 533. I dont currently have any 533 so i was wondering what I could do with DDR400. thanks for the help
  7. at the very least, youll be able to run at stock cpu and memory speeds... in regards to overclocking (using ddr400), youll most likely have to reduce the memory clock speed, in order to increase the cpu clock speed... if running at a 1:1 ratio with that memory, you wont get very far as far as overclocking is concerned... ...youre also limited by the OC options on your motherboard anyhow, how high your FSB can go, voltages, etc
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking