Proxy Setting

Paul

Splendid

If I set the proxy settings for an OU under the user
configuration and there are no users in it, will it apply
to users who log onto the pc. I've set up an OU and made
a user policy but there are only pc's in it. They're the
proxy settings but they don't apply...

For user configuration settings, the users must be within the scope of influence of
the policy and if it is configured at OU level then yes the users must exist in that
OU structure. There is a setting called loopback processing that can be configured in
computer configuration so that any user who logs onto a computer that has loopback
processing applied to the computer will get user configuration from the OU that the
computer resides in in either a merge or replace mode. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;231287