  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 25, 2004 3:36:48 PM

i 've had nwn almost sinds it's out.

but i never Did play single player game b4, hehe.

i just finished chapter one, i have about 3k of gp
i must say i pick every thing up but its All like 2gp..
8gp... is this normal to be so little?

i am in bugbear/goblin/cave now, chapter 2.
i killed two kings but all i found was a magic shuriken from one and from
other a neg rod and thats from their
big so called treseur , thats what the dead ogre sayd it was ;) . seems like
they got some big raceal isues , Lmao.

anyways, i hope some big loot comin soon because i
runnin outa heals. btw me char is a lvl 7dwarf barbarian
with 112hp :-).

More about : treasure

Anonymous
June 25, 2004 3:36:49 PM

Dang I'm not much farther ahead of you and I've got a ton more cash. Of
course I take everything and what I can't use I sell.

MadDAWG
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 4:12:36 PM

Diablo wrote:
> i just finished chapter one, i have about 3k of gp
> i must say i pick every thing up but its All like 2gp..
> 8gp... is this normal to be so little?

Err...it's normal for the actual gold drops to be fairly small. (Even
though they will increase later, in relation to your total hoard, it
will still be peanuts.) However, you are way low for Chapter 2.
Somewhere in the twenty-thousands in gold is more typical. Are you
collecting *everything* and then selling it off?
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 5:46:19 PM

Barry Scott Will <nwn**JUNK**@cavecreations.net> wrote in message news:<UEUCc.152744$3x.62660@attbi_s54>...
> Diablo wrote:
> > i just finished chapter one, i have about 3k of gp
> > i must say i pick every thing up but its All like 2gp..
> > 8gp... is this normal to be so little?

Are you doing any of the side quests? If you go around and talk to
people, they have things they want you to find and return, and will
pay you gold for it.

Just hacking and slashing, and picking up the remains, is not the way
to get the most gold :-)
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 11:38:41 PM

"Barry Scott Will" <nwn**JUNK**@cavecreations.net> wrote in message
> Diablo wrote:
> > i just finished chapter one, i have about 3k of gp
> > i must say i pick every thing up but its All like 2gp..
> > 8gp... is this normal to be so little?
>

> Err...it's normal for the actual gold drops to be fairly small. (Even
> though they will increase later, in relation to your total hoard, it
> will still be peanuts.) However, you are way low for Chapter 2.
> Somewhere in the twenty-thousands in gold is more typical. Are you
> collecting *everything* and then selling it off?
> --

Yep, grab all magical weapons, armor, wands etc..(in chapter 1 and 2 grab
even good normal items as well, anything above chainmail armor is worth it
and as a barbarian you should be able to carry lots of stuff), even if you
can't use em. Pay a merchant to identify them, then just sell them if they
are of no use to you. This is where the big money is, as Barry says the
actual amounts of gold dropped or found tend to be tiny. Some quests give
out gold rewards which are usually ok, but still not much compared to
finding a good magic wand or staff which can fetch thousands......

Dave

---
June 25, 2004 11:38:42 PM

There are a few low-value items that are used in item creation recipes,
but mostly, the gems and such you find aren't worth picking up.

Actually, the NWN OC is kind of gross with handing out the loot as you
go on, mostly high-powered magic items, and it gets more so as you go
on. SOU and HOTU, and most good custom modules, are much more balanced
about loot.
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 2:53:04 AM

"Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote in message
> i 've had nwn almost sinds it's out.
>
> but i never Did play single player game b4, hehe.
>
> i just finished chapter one, i have about 3k of gp
> i must say i pick every thing up but its All like 2gp..
> 8gp... is this normal to be so little?
>
> i am in bugbear/goblin/cave now, chapter 2.
> i killed two kings but all i found was a magic shuriken from one and from
> other a neg rod and thats from their
> big so called treseur , thats what the dead ogre sayd it was ;) . seems
like
> they got some big raceal isues , Lmao.
>
> anyways, i hope some big loot comin soon because i
> runnin outa heals. btw me char is a lvl 7dwarf barbarian
> with 112hp :-).

You can get some good gold by picking up all the spell scrolls you can find
and selling them to merchants, thats the fastest wat to get some scratch,
they are small and stackable, magic items are good too but if you dont have
any Lore skill it'll cost 100gp and lot of the time early on it's not worth
it.
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 2:53:05 AM

"QUINN R PAYNE" <quinnpayne@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote in message
> > i 've had nwn almost sinds it's out.
> >
> > but i never Did play single player game b4, hehe.
> >
> > i just finished chapter one, i have about 3k of gp
> > i must say i pick every thing up but its All like 2gp..
> > 8gp... is this normal to be so little?
> >
> > i am in bugbear/goblin/cave now, chapter 2.
> > i killed two kings but all i found was a magic shuriken from one and
from
> > other a neg rod and thats from their
> > big so called treseur , thats what the dead ogre sayd it was ;) . seems
> like
> > they got some big raceal isues , Lmao.
> >
> > anyways, i hope some big loot comin soon because i
> > runnin outa heals. btw me char is a lvl 7dwarf barbarian
> > with 112hp :-).
> >

> You can get some good gold by picking up all the spell scrolls you can
find
> and selling them to merchants, thats the fastest wat to get some scratch,
> they are small and stackable, magic items are good too but if you dont
have
> any Lore skill it'll cost 100gp and lot of the time early on it's not
worth
> it.

You can purchase a single Lore Potion, take it and hit the spacebar. Then
take all the time you need to identify as many items has you've acquired.
That way you can ID all those gloves that only have a 45GP value without
losing 55 GP in the process.

Windigo
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 5:20:34 AM

"Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message

> "QUINN R PAYNE" <quinnpayne@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote in message
> > > i 've had nwn almost sinds it's out.
> > >
> > > but i never Did play single player game b4, hehe.
> > >
> > > i just finished chapter one, i have about 3k of gp
> > > i must say i pick every thing up but its All like 2gp..
> > > 8gp... is this normal to be so little?
> > >
> > > i am in bugbear/goblin/cave now, chapter 2.
> > > i killed two kings but all i found was a magic shuriken from one and
> from
> > > other a neg rod and thats from their
> > > big so called treseur , thats what the dead ogre sayd it was ;) . seems
> > like
> > > they got some big raceal isues , Lmao.
> > >
> > > anyways, i hope some big loot comin soon because i
> > > runnin outa heals. btw me char is a lvl 7dwarf barbarian
> > > with 112hp :-).
> > >

> > You can get some good gold by picking up all the spell scrolls you can
> find
> > and selling them to merchants, thats the fastest wat to get some
scratch,
> > they are small and stackable, magic items are good too but if you dont
> have
> > any Lore skill it'll cost 100gp and lot of the time early on it's not
> worth
> > it.
> >

> You can purchase a single Lore Potion, take it and hit the spacebar. Then
> take all the time you need to identify as many items has you've acquired.
> That way you can ID all those gloves that only have a 45GP value without
> losing 55 GP in the process.

I call munchkin on this. I knew there was a reason I didn't let my players
pause the game...
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 6:46:06 PM

> > You can purchase a single Lore Potion, take it and hit the spacebar.
Then
> > take all the time you need to identify as many items has you've
acquired.
> > That way you can ID all those gloves that only have a 45GP value without
> > losing 55 GP in the process.

I didn't even know you could do that :)

> I call munchkin on this. I knew there was a reason I didn't let my players
> pause the game...

I kinda agree, it is cheezy, However if your just playing SP by yourself you
can do whatever floats your boat, but I think it's different when your
playing with others online/LAN, just put pionts in Lore skill y'all, its
open to every class, and later on you will find rings of insight and other
things that will help with lore. Remember, after all ,this isnt Diablo or
Dungeon Siege, your not gonna find insane godly items with every other
monster you kill, you can find some good stuff that will help, but thats
gonna be pretty rare. I only wish they would've done a little better job on
the artwork for the weapons and armor they seem kind of bland to me, IMHO.
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 1:47:57 AM

"Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me> wrote in message

> "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message
> >
> > You can purchase a single Lore Potion, take it and hit the spacebar.
Then
> > take all the time you need to identify as many items has you've
acquired.
> > That way you can ID all those gloves that only have a 45GP value without
> > losing 55 GP in the process.
>
> I call munchkin on this. I knew there was a reason I didn't let my players
> pause the game...

I don't play multiplayer and wouldn't expect to be able to pause the game if
I did. I really don't know for sure it would work in multiplayer sessions.

Windigo
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 6:59:27 AM

Windigo wrote:

> I don't play multiplayer and wouldn't expect to be able to pause the game if
> I did. I really don't know for sure it would work in multiplayer sessions.

Depends on whether the host set Player Pausing. I know I wouldn't want
to play without being able to pause.
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 6:59:28 AM

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Windigo wrote:
>

> > I don't play multiplayer and wouldn't expect to be able to pause the
game if
> > I did. I really don't know for sure it would work in multiplayer
sessions.

> Depends on whether the host set Player Pausing. I know I wouldn't want
> to play without being able to pause.

why?

it gets really annoying if you play where people can pause. goblns show
up.... *pause* wizard casts spell *umpause* run towards goblins *pause*
cleric casts spell *unpause*... run towards goblins... *pause* thief opens
invetory...selects wand to use.. no wait.. i'll use this wand...
*unpause*..*pause* i'll use the other wand.... *unpause* etc etc...
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 6:59:28 AM

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Windigo wrote:
>

> > I don't play multiplayer and wouldn't expect to be able to pause the
game if
> > I did. I really don't know for sure it would work in multiplayer
sessions.

> Depends on whether the host set Player Pausing. I know I wouldn't want
> to play without being able to pause.

I can see where pausing during multiplay could become a real pain in short
order.

Windigo
Anonymous
June 27, 2004 8:27:42 AM

Insane Ranter wrote:
>*pause* thief opens
> invetory

There is no "thief" class in NWN or in 3ed D&D.

(I wouldn't make this post as a reply to any other poster here, just for
the record...in case anyone else is reading. :-p)
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 2:42:56 AM

Insane Ranter wrote:

> "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message
>
>>"QUINN R PAYNE" <quinnpayne@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote in message

>>from

>>>like

>>>You can get some good gold by picking up all the spell scrolls you can
>>
>>find
>>
>>>and selling them to merchants, thats the fastest wat to get some
>
> scratch,
>
>>>they are small and stackable, magic items are good too but if you dont
>>
>>have
>>
>>>any Lore skill it'll cost 100gp and lot of the time early on it's not
>>
>>worth
>>
>>>it.
>>>

>>You can purchase a single Lore Potion, take it and hit the spacebar. Then
>>take all the time you need to identify as many items has you've acquired.
>>That way you can ID all those gloves that only have a 45GP value without
>>losing 55 GP in the process.
>

> I call munchkin on this. I knew there was a reason I didn't let my players
> pause the game...

In singleplayer, I'd say that this does border on being an exploit,
there is the counterargument that since gametime passes at the rate of
one hour per two realtime minutes, you should be able to do a lot more
in the time the lore potion is active than you can, in practice, without
pausing the game.

In multiplayer, pausing's just too much of a pain. Plus, now you've got
another reason to have a bard in the party. And I'm in favor of more
love for bards.
June 28, 2004 4:23:39 PM

Are you doing any of the side quests? If you go around and talk to
people, they have things they want you to find and return, and will
pay you gold for it.

Just hacking and slashing, and picking up the remains, is not the way
-------------to get the most gold :-)

yes i been doin side quests, i talked to everyone, some where really anoyin,
and i kinda went reaper on them ;) .
but the xstra 200gp i get for side quest aint much, when
a nice armor costs around 23k, and to compleet a quest u have to sometimes
go all the way back to whoever quest it for, to get a tiny 200xp and gold,
in that time i can slautr 20 gobs givin me mnore xp and gold all
toghertr.hehe o.O

^^^

so how long does it take to compleet nwn and gettin to sou and hotu?, my
guess is about 100-130hrs gameplay.
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 8:47:11 PM

Diablo wrote:

> so how long does it take to compleet nwn and gettin to sou and hotu?, my
> guess is about 100-130hrs gameplay.

More like about thirty hours, I think.

Also, the SOU campaign assumes you're starting with a brand new, level
one character, just about to graduate from a school for adventurers. You
can start the HOTU campaign with a character that completed the NWN OC
or SOU, and there are a few bits of dialogue that refer to the PC having
done the SOU campaign. But the module will also help you create a new
character from scratch for the HOTU campaign. So, really, all three are
separate.

There are also several thousand custom modules available for download
from nwvault.ign.com, and a lot of them are quite good, so don't worry
about a lack of play time.
June 29, 2004 12:33:14 AM

> More like about thirty hours, I think.
>
> Also, the SOU campaign assumes you're starting with a brand new, level
> one character, just about to graduate from a school for adventurers. You
> can start the HOTU campaign with a character that completed the NWN OC
> or SOU, and there are a few bits of dialogue that refer to the PC having
> done the SOU campaign. But the module will also help you create a new
> character from scratch for the HOTU campaign. So, really, all three are
> separate.
>
> There are also several thousand custom modules available for download
> from nwvault.ign.com, and a lot of them are quite good, so don't worry
> about a lack of play time.

Thx i alrdy knew about vault, i mean i been playin for almost 2 years
multiplayer now. :-0 . i'm SINGLE PLAYER nOOB, loL
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 3:19:14 AM

In message <BzqDc.15588$rh.4761@okepread02>, Windigo
<windigo@paganplanet.com> writes

>"Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me> wrote in message
>>
>> "Windigo" <windigonotat@paganplanet.comnot> wrote in message
>> >
>> > You can purchase a single Lore Potion, take it and hit the spacebar.
>Then
>> > take all the time you need to identify as many items has you've
>acquired.
>> > That way you can ID all those gloves that only have a 45GP value without
>> > losing 55 GP in the process.
>>
>> I call munchkin on this. I knew there was a reason I didn't let my players
>> pause the game...
>>

>I don't play multiplayer and wouldn't expect to be able to pause the game if
>I did. I really don't know for sure it would work in multiplayer sessions.
>

>Windigo

No you can't pause on persistent worlds [multiplayer].

Tom
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 9:29:45 PM

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:40:44 GMT, "CloneMe!" <more@more.com> wrote:

>The reason why he is low on gold is because he is still low level. The
>stuff that pops from chests and the item drops from "boss" or "semi-boss"
>creatures like the Gang Leaders in chapter 1 and the Goblin and Orc kings in
>chapter 2 are entirely dependent on your level at the time the drops are
>created. It doesn't matter where you are, only what level you are.
>Granted, some creatures and chests drop fixed items (including the Goblin &
>Orc kings which drop a couple of fixed items in addition to a "high-end
>item"), but this doesn't contribute to the original poster's lack of gold.

Note that ordinary chests also drop based on your level. I
left behind some early chests that I couldn't pick and I didn't feel
like waiting forever to bash. I came back before leaving--and they
were worth something like 10x their siblings.
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 5:51:36 AM

CloneMe! wrote:
> The reason why he is low on gold is because he is still low level.

Not entirely. It was quite common for me (I've played through Chapter 2
at least six times) to enter Port Llast at level seven or eight with
15,000 or more gold pieces in my wallet. Most likely the OP is not
collecting and selling magic items he can't use and is just collecting
the gold drops.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications
http://www.pyric.com/

If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 9:06:04 AM

On 5-Jul-2004, Loren Pechtel <lorenpechtel@removethis.hotmail.com> wrote:

> >The reason why he is low on gold is because he is still low level. The
> >stuff that pops from chests and the item drops from "boss" or "semi-boss"

> Note that ordinary chests also drop based on your level. I
> left behind some early chests that I couldn't pick and I didn't feel
> like waiting forever to bash. I came back before leaving--and they
> were worth something like 10x their siblings.

Correct. But I did mention that in the quoted bit above before going on to
yak about the "special" chests. This is how I generally take a character
into Helm's Hold with cash in the 50-60k range.

Also, the original poster didn't mention whether he was a big spender
or not. I typically don't buy much of anything, but some players spend
most of what they get to gain the small upgrades available from vendors.

CloneMe!
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 9:11:56 AM

On 5-Jul-2004, Barry Scott Will <nwn**JUNK**@cavecreations.net> wrote:

> Not entirely. It was quite common for me (I've played through Chapter 2
> at least six times) to enter Port Llast at level seven or eight with
> 15,000 or more gold pieces in my wallet. Most likely the OP is not
> collecting and selling magic items he can't use and is just collecting
> the gold drops.

That's entirely possible. For my part, my approach is to scour--I take
everything possible and I do everything possible and I don't normally
spend much of my cash until later in the game when one can get some
decent upgrades that often aren't otherwise going to be available from
chest/drops with any regularity. The OP may also spend his cash
more liberally than others.

I also don't use minions, typically, so I generally take a character into
HH/Port Llast at level 9 or 10, thus gaining the benefits of better drops
from those semi-bosses and "special" chests I save for last in Ch1.

CloneMe!
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 10:56:08 PM

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:36:48 +0200, "Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla>
wrote:

>i just finished chapter one, i have about 3k of gp
>i must say i pick every thing up but its All like 2gp..
>8gp... is this normal to be so little?

Gold's a fairly heavy metal. Grab a couple hundred coins and you
won't be able to carry too much more. That's the philosophy I use in
my pen-and-paper games, so drops of 2 to 8 coins in NWN sounds
perfectly normal to me.

I like to tease my players, actually. Let's say they've just managed
to clear out a necromancer's tower or something. There'd be chests
full of gold coins in the guy's storage room, but since the things
weigh several hundred pounds each, there's no way the players are ever
going to get away with much of it. So people learn quickly to ignore
the coins and look for low-weight, high value items like gems and
artwork instead.

Besides all that, since most towns tend to do trade with copper and
silver coins (I think that's what the Forgotten Realms book says),
throwing a log of gold coins into a game would go a long way to
destabilizing local economies. Can you imagine the inflation rate if
a band of adventurers and a wagon load of gold coins rolled into town
one day?
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 12:22:00 AM

"Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@look.ca> wrote in message
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:36:48 +0200, "Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla>
> wrote:
>
> >i just finished chapter one, i have about 3k of gp
> >i must say i pick every thing up but its All like 2gp..
> >8gp... is this normal to be so little?
>
> Gold's a fairly heavy metal. Grab a couple hundred coins and you
> won't be able to carry too much more. That's the philosophy I use in
> my pen-and-paper games, so drops of 2 to 8 coins in NWN sounds
> perfectly normal to me.

<SNIP>

FYI In the real world 100 gold coins would weigh in the neighborhood of 8
pounds. This is based on the Krugerand at 1 troy oz per coin.

Windigo
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 3:33:37 AM

Paul Fedorenko wrote:
> Gold's a fairly heavy metal. Grab a couple hundred coins and you
> won't be able to carry too much more. That's the philosophy I use in
> my pen-and-paper games, so drops of 2 to 8 coins in NWN sounds
> perfectly normal to me.
..
..
..
> Besides all that, since most towns tend to do trade with copper and
> silver coins (I think that's what the Forgotten Realms book says),

Err...have you actually *played* Neverwinter Nights?

A) GP have no weight in NWN and players can carry as much as they can
collect. I usually ended the OC with several hundred thousand in spare
gold. I've heard of people finishing with one or two million.

B) NWN has no currency other than GP.

The information in your post is fully relevant to a discussion of
treasure in traditional pen-and-paper FRPGs; but, it has little bearing
on the subject of this newsgroup, which is NWN.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications
http://www.pyric.com/

If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 5:17:34 AM

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:33:37 GMT, Barry Scott Will
<nwn**JUNK**@cavecreations.net> wrote:

>Err...have you actually *played* Neverwinter Nights?

Sure. Quite a bit, actually. Pn a couple of persistant worlds, the
three single-player campaigns, a few downloaded modules. I've even
fiddled around with the editor a bit.

My one major complaint about the game is the way it handles gold. My
characters routinely walk around with several gold coind in their
pockets, which is rather ridiculous considering the 3rd Edition rules
list gold coins weighing 10 to the pound (or something like that, I'd
have to double-check). Which is the reason I made the point that I
made.

That, and a general bias in favour of a low-coinage game. There are
better kinds of treasure.

>B) NWN has no currency other than GP.

Yup. I was simply trying to be cute with my comment about adventurers
with wagon-loads of gold destabilizing local economies. I guess I
failed miserably. Ah well...
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 9:47:49 PM

Paul Fedorenko wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:33:37 GMT, Barry Scott Will
> <nwn**JUNK**@cavecreations.net> wrote:
>>Err...have you actually *played* Neverwinter Nights?
> Sure. Quite a bit, actually. Pn a couple of persistant worlds, the
> three single-player campaigns, a few downloaded modules. I've even
> fiddled around with the editor a bit.
>
> My one major complaint about the game is the way it handles gold. My
> characters routinely walk around with several gold coind in their
> pockets, which is rather ridiculous considering the 3rd Edition rules
> list gold coins weighing 10 to the pound (or something like that, I'd
> have to double-check).

Just an FYI, it is 50GP to the lb.

And if any module builders are disturbed by the fact that you can carry
250,000 GP in your back pocket, try the DOA Gold Encumbrance system.
It's nicely done and can be found here:

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/scripts/data/1074549001171...

Gems suddenly become valuable instead of junk that you sell immediately.

They did get the weight for gold wrong (per 3E rules), but it is pretty
easy to fix if you know how to script.
August 9, 2004 7:30:22 PM

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:56:08 -0400, Paul Fedorenko
<pfedorenko@look.ca> wrote:

>I like to tease my players, actually. Let's say they've just managed
>to clear out a necromancer's tower or something. There'd be chests
>full of gold coins in the guy's storage room, but since the things
>weigh several hundred pounds each, there's no way the players are ever
>going to get away with much of it. So people learn quickly to ignore
>the coins and look for low-weight, high value items like gems and
>artwork instead.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for *Leomund's Secret Chest*, to
me. ^_^
Anonymous
August 9, 2004 8:58:35 PM

<pfedorenko@look.ca> wrote:

>>I like to tease my players, actually. Let's say they've just managed
>>to clear out a necromancer's tower or something. There'd be chests
>>full of gold coins in the guy's storage room, but since the things
>>weigh several hundred pounds each, there's no way the players are ever
>>going to get away with much of it. So people learn quickly to ignore
>>the coins and look for low-weight, high value items like gems and
>>artwork instead.

BTW, if any NWN DM's want to try this on their players, DOA's Gold
Encumbrance system at the vault works very well. Gems in the game
suddenly turn very valuable as opposed to junk.
--
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
- Tip from Doom3 Manual

You're the kind of DM I used to hate (Give me the money).

Best wishes
Maxon

"everlast" <everlast@jmjservices.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:56:08 -0400, Paul Fedorenko
> <pfedorenko@look.ca> wrote:
>
> >>I like to tease my players, actually. Let's say they've just managed
> >>to clear out a necromancer's tower or something. There'd be chests
> >>full of gold coins in the guy's storage room, but since the things
> >>weigh several hundred pounds each, there's no way the players are ever
> >>going to get away with much of it. So people learn quickly to ignore
> >>the coins and look for low-weight, high value items like gems and
> >>artwork instead.
>
> BTW, if any NWN DM's want to try this on their players, DOA's Gold
> Encumbrance system at the vault works very well. Gems in the game
> suddenly turn very valuable as opposed to junk.
> --
> "Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
> - Tip from Doom3 Manual

Anonymous
September 5, 2004 7:11:39 PM

"Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> You're the kind of DM I used to hate (Give me the money).

What a GM that uses the rules and a little common sense? You don't like
playing drunken dwarves that carry around every single weapon in the phb in
all sorts of slots and pockets and folds of his flab are you?
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 1:14:20 AM

Where else do you suggest I stow stuff? In a bank perhaps?

Not seen too many of them.

I never play drunken dwarfs and if you don't stop it I'll come over there
and poke you with something sharp!

Best wishes
Maxon

!