Don't run specific windows application

To stop some programs from being launched on all PCs and
servers, I added a list of programs in the list of
disallowed programs using group policy on the top level
OU.

It works fine. But the concern I have had is whether it
is causing an unnecessary negative performance on the
PC's and servers in the sense that everytime an
executable is run, it must be checked against the list of
disallowed programs before it can proceed.

All comments are welcome.

Tom
1 answer Last reply
More about specific windows application

    I tend to doubt it. Look at all the other things the OS needs to keep track of such
    as ntfs permission on all files, registry permissions, user rights, not to mention
    what a personal firewall needs to track. If it works well, I would not worry about
    it. You can look in Task Manager or Performance Monitor on your computers for cpu,
    memory, disk usage, etc if you have a concern about performance. Memory is cheap and
    is the first thing to look at to increase computer performance. --- Steve

    "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > To stop some programs from being launched on all PCs and
    > servers, I added a list of programs in the list of
    > disallowed programs using group policy on the top level
    > OU.
    >
    > It works fine. But the concern I have had is whether it
    > is causing an unnecessary negative performance on the
    > PC's and servers in the sense that everytime an
    > executable is run, it must be checked against the list of
    > disallowed programs before it can proceed.
    >
    > All comments are welcome.
    >

    > Tom

Policy Servers Windows