nwn usin 100% processor power

yea somehow nwn usin 100% processor power even when i start the game goto
multi play and it alrdy usin all off it, anyone know why?

i got pentium 4 2.4 gig,
512mb ddr pc2700 and
sapphire radeon 9600 pro 128mb
this runnin with win xp home edition.
soundblaster live 5.1
29 answers Last reply
More about usin processor power

    "Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote in message
    > yea somehow nwn usin 100% processor power even when i start the game goto
    > multi play and it alrdy usin all off it, anyone know why?
    >
    > i got pentium 4 2.4 gig,
    > 512mb ddr pc2700 and
    > sapphire radeon 9600 pro 128mb
    > this runnin with win xp home edition.
    > soundblaster live 5.1

    Are you saying you'd rather the CPU run at less than 2.4 ghz? Or your CPU is
    running at ~100% CPU usage?

    I run a 850mHz and it does the same thing. At least that's what the XP
    processes screen says.

    > Are you saying you'd rather the CPU run at less than 2.4 ghz? Or your CPU
    is
    > running at ~100% CPU usage?
    >
    > I run a 850mHz and it does the same thing. At least that's what the XP
    > processes screen says.
    >
    > yea i sayin it runnin at 100% usage, i think that kinda weird sinds this
    only game that does that, when i play
    joint operationss its like 20% max , but most of time 0! .

    Diablo wrote:

    >>yea i sayin it runnin at 100% usage, i think that kinda weird sinds this
    >
    > only game that does that, when i play
    > joint operationss its like 20% max , but most of time 0!

    You're misreading it, then. Pretty much any serious application running
    in the foreground will take up upwards of 90% of your CPU cycles. Maybe
    not for the instant at which the little applet displaying the processes
    running is on top, so to speak. It couldn't be 100%, either, as your OS
    has lots of other tasks to deal with. If a single process was taking up
    100% of CPU cycles, your computer would immediately crash.

    But yes, NWN should be taking up as close to 100% of your CPU cycles as
    it can. Like most computer games, it's very CPU intensive. And there's
    no benefit to having unused CPU cycles, anyway. Your CPU is there to do
    work.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > But yes, NWN should be taking up as close to 100% of your CPU cycles as
    > it can. Like most computer games, it's very CPU intensive. And there's
    > no benefit to having unused CPU cycles, anyway. Your CPU is there to do
    > work.

    Good point, how else are you supposed to get the maximum performance on any
    game, not just NWN. Of course it is as close to 100% as possible. The reason
    you are seing 20% usage for JointOps, is (most likely) that the game is
    idling while you're looking at the task manager. (I seriously doubt it would
    even run using just 20% of CPU capacity, even with 2.4 GHz (20% would be
    roughly 500 MHz))
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

    > > But yes, NWN should be taking up as close to 100% of your CPU cycles as
    > > it can. Like most computer games, it's very CPU intensive. And there's
    > > no benefit to having unused CPU cycles, anyway. Your CPU is there to do
    > > work.
    > >

    > Good point, how else are you supposed to get the maximum performance on
    any
    > game, not just NWN. Of course it is as close to 100% as possible. The
    reason
    > you are seing 20% usage for JointOps, is (most likely) that the game is
    > idling while you're looking at the task manager. (I seriously doubt it
    would
    > even run using just 20% of CPU capacity, even with 2.4 GHz (20% would be
    > roughly 500 MHz))
    >
    > owk i see u guys made a point but i wasnt idle when i checked little task
    up left in jointops, and another thing can it be possible most tasks R done
    by Gpu instead of cpu?

    i know nwn uses opengl, but this not the case with jointops maybe that has
    somethin to do with it?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    damn! even when i start up game and do nothin it uses like 80-99% of CPU
    power!!
    this insane!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Try this:
    Open the Task manager, select the Performance tab (the one with the graph)
    See the low CPU usage, maybe 10%
    Open Joint Ops
    Play Joint Ops for 30 secs / 1 min
    Switch to the Task Manager window
    The graph will show CPU usage for the playing time, and I'd be surprised if
    you found it was any less than 90%. I mean, try loading an explorer window
    and watch the usage spike for the disk access....30% at least. Unless you've
    gone down the SCSI route of course....

    > damn! even when i start up game and do nothin it uses like 80-99% of CPU
    > power!!
    > this insane!

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Perfectly normal, happens with every single game (3D) I have...As it should.
    What else would you like the CPU to be doing while you're playing the game?
    (even when waiting in the menus)

    "Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote in message
    > damn! even when i start up game and do nothin it uses like 80-99% of CPU
    > power!!
    > this insane!

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > "Vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > > >
    > > > But yes, NWN should be taking up as close to 100% of your CPU cycles
    as
    > > > it can. Like most computer games, it's very CPU intensive. And there's
    > > > no benefit to having unused CPU cycles, anyway. Your CPU is there to
    do
    > > > work.
    > > >

    > > Good point, how else are you supposed to get the maximum performance on
    > any
    > > game, not just NWN. Of course it is as close to 100% as possible. The
    > reason
    > > you are seing 20% usage for JointOps, is (most likely) that the game is
    > > idling while you're looking at the task manager. (I seriously doubt it
    > would
    > > even run using just 20% of CPU capacity, even with 2.4 GHz (20% would be
    > > roughly 500 MHz))
    > >
    > > owk i see u guys made a point but i wasnt idle when i checked little
    task
    > up left in jointops, and another thing can it be possible most tasks R
    done
    > by Gpu instead of cpu?

    What do you mean not idle? what is "little task up left in jointops"? It all
    depends on what is being done and how the game enigine is written as to if
    the GPU or CPU are written.. But the GPU only runs is the CPU tells it too.

    > i know nwn uses opengl, but this not the case with jointops maybe that has
    > somethin to do with it?

    I havn't a clue what the game engine uses or how they implimented it. it is
    possible... i doubtb it
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Argh! maybe i havent been clear about this, but
    i mean i startup the game, "puchin play button"
    then when all cinametics r done and all, then i do
    Nothin! i dont start single playin game Or multi whatever, just nothin, and
    it still usin 80-99% cpu. and i have this from windows task manager.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > Argh! maybe i havent been clear about this, but
    > i mean i startup the game, "puchin play button"
    > then when all cinametics r done and all, then i do
    > Nothin! i dont start single playin game Or multi whatever, just nothin,
    and
    > it still usin 80-99% cpu. and i have this from windows task manager.

    It's a normal condition. If you can play the game, what difference does it
    make?

    Windigo
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Exactly, it does show 80-90% even while idling in the menu. Mine appears to
    take all available cpu cycles (nwmain.exe) 90-95% which keeps total at 100%
    (while idling in the menu).

    But it does seem to 'make room' whenever I do something else, for example
    start IExplorer; cpu cycles for nwmain.exe drops to 40-50% for a while, then
    when IE has started it goes back to 90-95%. Which basically means it always
    "reserves" all unused cycles for itself, even though it may not need them at
    the time. This is to ensure, that while playing the game it always has the
    maximum amount of processing power allocated. I believe this is quite common
    for games in general.

    "Windigo" <windigo(a)@paganplanet.com> wrote in message

    > "Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote in message
    > > Argh! maybe i havent been clear about this, but
    > > i mean i startup the game, "puchin play button"
    > > then when all cinametics r done and all, then i do
    > > Nothin! i dont start single playin game Or multi whatever, just nothin,
    > and
    > > it still usin 80-99% cpu. and i have this from windows task manager.
    > >

    > It's a normal condition. If you can play the game, what difference does
    it
    > make?
    >

    > Windigo

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Windigo" <windigo(a)@paganplanet.com> wrote in message

    > "Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote in message
    > > Argh! maybe i havent been clear about this, but
    > > i mean i startup the game, "puchin play button"
    > > then when all cinametics r done and all, then i do
    > > Nothin! i dont start single playin game Or multi whatever, just nothin,
    > and
    > > it still usin 80-99% cpu. and i have this from windows task manager.
    > >

    > It's a normal condition. If you can play the game, what difference does
    it
    > make?

    This thread is starting to molt into Trolling me thinks.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    >"little task up left in jointops"?

    join a game then press tilde key ~ enter Fps, then u see what i mean. :^)
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > >"little task up left in jointops"?
    >
    > join a game then press tilde key ~ enter Fps, then u see what i mean. :^)

    Which game NWN or JointOps? This shows more than just the FPS (Frames per
    second)?
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    yea in jointops it shows, more fps, cpu, 2 more but what they r, got no
    clue, but who cares the demo workin smoothly :-).
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > yea in jointops it shows, more fps, cpu, 2 more but what they r, got no
    > clue, but who cares the demo workin smoothly :-).

    well um ok?
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    In article <10e696b341bv69b@corp.supernews.com>, Diablo
    <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote:

    > yea in jointops it shows, more fps, cpu, 2 more but what they r, got no
    > clue, but who cares the demo workin smoothly :-).

    You might get more help if you posted in intelligible English. As it
    is, I'm sorry but I haven't the faintest idea what you're on about.

    See also: <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Richard Buckle" <richardb@sailmaker.co.uk> wrote in message
    > In article <10e696b341bv69b@corp.supernews.com>, Diablo
    > <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote:
    >
    > > yea in jointops it shows, more fps, cpu, 2 more but what they r, got no
    > > clue, but who cares the demo workin smoothly :-).
    >
    > You might get more help if you posted in intelligible English. As it
    > is, I'm sorry but I haven't the faintest idea what you're on about.
    >
    > See also: <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>.

    Concerning the faq link:
    If you can make it past the elitist attitude of the author, the faq is a
    good outline for problem solving. However the "help those who can help
    themselves and to hell with the losers" attitude has a familiar ring. It
    assumes that one person or group of people has the right to pass judgement
    on anyone based on their requirements or expectations. Anyone who fails to
    meet those requirements are labeled inferior or "losers" and therefore not
    privy to nor deserving of knowledge and benefits controlled by the group.
    In the past this judgement has been based on race, religion, ethnic origin,
    sexual orientation and even dominant handedness. Now we can include
    language use.

    Windigo

    (who should never read news groups before breakfast)
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:58:54 +0000, Vellu wrote:

    > Exactly, it does show 80-90% even while idling in the menu. Mine appears to
    > take all available cpu cycles (nwmain.exe) 90-95% which keeps total at 100%
    > (while idling in the menu).
    >
    > But it does seem to 'make room' whenever I do something else, for example
    > start IExplorer; cpu cycles for nwmain.exe drops to 40-50% for a while, then
    > when IE has started it goes back to 90-95%. Which basically means it always
    > "reserves" all unused cycles for itself, even though it may not need them at
    > the time. This is to ensure, that while playing the game it always has the
    > maximum amount of processing power allocated. I believe this is quite common
    > for games in general.

    Um... No. What is happening is that the game is running a loop:

    1. Read user input (check if a key or mousebutton has been pressed or the
    mouse has been moved and if so, set some variable accordingly).
    2. Check how much time has been between the previous time we were in this
    step. Then make whatever changes should happen in the gameworld in this
    time difference.
    3. Draw the screen.
    4. Go to step 1.

    A loop like this will always take up all the available CPU power. Why
    wouldn't it ? After all, there's always more work to be done.

    So no, it doesn't reserve any cycles to itself, it simply never sleeps
    (tells the system to stop running it and resume running it after a given
    time) or blocks (sleeps waiting for user input or a disk read/write or
    some other I/O function to finish).
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Windigo" <windigo(a)@paganplanet.com> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >"Richard Buckle" <richardb@sailmaker.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> In article <10e696b341bv69b@corp.supernews.com>, Diablo
    >> <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote:
    >>
    >> > yea in jointops it shows, more fps, cpu, 2 more but what they r, got no
    >> > clue, but who cares the demo workin smoothly :-).
    >>
    >> You might get more help if you posted in intelligible English. As it
    >> is, I'm sorry but I haven't the faintest idea what you're on about.
    >>
    >> See also: <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>.
    >
    >Concerning the faq link:
    >If you can make it past the elitist attitude of the author, the faq is a
    >good outline for problem solving. However the "help those who can help
    >themselves and to hell with the losers" attitude has a familiar ring. It
    >assumes that one person or group of people has the right to pass judgement
    >on anyone based on their requirements or expectations. Anyone who fails to
    >meet those requirements are labeled inferior or "losers" and therefore not
    >privy to nor deserving of knowledge and benefits controlled by the group.
    >In the past this judgement has been based on race, religion, ethnic origin,
    >sexual orientation and even dominant handedness. Now we can include
    >language use.

    There's a difference though.

    A person can't help what their race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual
    orientation etc are.

    Bad language use like the above is pure laziness, and that CAN be
    helped. It's the written equivalent of talking with your mouth full and
    it gets in the way of communication.

    Phonetic "shortcuts" also make it considerably harder for people whose
    native language isn't english to understand, since those shortcuts DON'T
    sound like what they're being used to represent in their language..

    Xocyll
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Yes, sounds sensible enough...but in the menus aswell? Where absolutely
    nothing takes place (unless you click something). Not being a programmer
    myself, I can't really say that I know what the procedure is that games use
    to always use/reserve as much of cpu power as they can, except the fact that
    it is in my opion a wise thing to do (game performance wise).

    > Um... No. What is happening is that the game is running a loop:
    >
    > 1. Read user input (check if a key or mousebutton has been pressed or the
    > mouse has been moved and if so, set some variable accordingly).
    > 2. Check how much time has been between the previous time we were in this
    > step. Then make whatever changes should happen in the gameworld in this
    > time difference.
    > 3. Draw the screen.
    > 4. Go to step 1.
    >
    > A loop like this will always take up all the available CPU power. Why
    > wouldn't it ? After all, there's always more work to be done.
    >
    > So no, it doesn't reserve any cycles to itself, it simply never sleeps
    > (tells the system to stop running it and resume running it after a given
    > time) or blocks (sleeps waiting for user input or a disk read/write or
    > some other I/O function to finish).
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
    > "Windigo" <windigo(a)@paganplanet.com> looked up from reading the
    > entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
    > say:

    > >language use.
    >
    > There's a difference though.
    >
    > A person can't help what their race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual
    > orientation etc are.
    >
    > Bad language use like the above is pure laziness, and that CAN be
    > helped. It's the written equivalent of talking with your mouth full and
    > it gets in the way of communication.
    >
    > Phonetic "shortcuts" also make it considerably harder for people whose
    > native language isn't english to understand, since those shortcuts DON'T
    > sound like what they're being used to represent in their language..
    >
    > Xocyll
    > --
    > I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
    > a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
    > Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
    > FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr

    Diablo is likely part of an online community that uses that style of
    communication. It's perfectly acceptable in many groups. BTW did you
    bother to read the faq? To be truthful, I agree with you on the subject but
    the attitude of the faq that Buckle advised reading was IMHO too arrogant to
    dismiss and made me question my attitudes. And as I noted, I really
    shouldn't respond to posts before I have breakfast.'-)

    Windigo
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 17:29:35 +0000, Vellu wrote:

    > Yes, sounds sensible enough...but in the menus aswell? Where absolutely
    > nothing takes place (unless you click something). Not being a programmer

    There's a swirling... thing in the background of some of the menus.
    Besides, the menus presumably use the same input engine as the rest of the
    game, and that can't block (sleep untill you press a key), otherwise
    nothing could happen in the game until you pressed a key (because the loop
    would be stuck on the "read user input" part and thus could not advance to
    updating the gameworld and redrawing screen until it got some input)...

    So what I'm trying to say is, that it would require explicitly telling the
    OS to not run the game for a while (a few microseconds) to prevent it from
    using 100% CPU. That would cause a performance hit, because each time the
    loop was run the program would simply wait for a while, thus taking longer
    to complete the loop and thus being unable to go through it as many times
    per second...

    > myself, I can't really say that I know what the procedure is that games use
    > to always use/reserve as much of cpu power as they can, except the fact that
    > it is in my opion a wise thing to do (game performance wise).

    The game is using all the CPU it can get, which, as you pointed out, is a
    wise thing to do, because the screen is redrawn once per loop, so loops
    per second = frames per second.

    But it's impossible for a program to reserve CPU beyond what it's actually
    using. All CPU cycles must do something. That's why operating systems have
    an "idle" task, a program which does nothing but loops endlessly; whenever
    no other program can be run (because they're all sleeping or blocked),
    this idle loop is run to waste time untill it's time to wake one of the
    other programs or one of them unblocks, at which point execution jumps to
    that program. If there's several runnable programs at the sime time, then
    the execution jumps from program to program, executing each a short while
    and then jumping to next, giving an illusion of concurrent execution. How
    long each program is run depends on its priority: the higher the priority,
    the longer the program is run before switching to the next one.

    So, all a program needs to do to use all the CPU is to never sleep or
    block, and have no other CPU intensive programs running at the same time.
    It doesn't take any special procedure to use 100% CPU; it takes special
    procedure (sleeping or blocking) to avoid that.

    Most programs use little CPU while they're running, since they do nothing
    but wait for you to press a (mouse)button, and block until you do. They do
    use lots of CPU while starting up, because they are opening windows,
    commands. A program that's working will always try to use 100% CPU (but
    this work usually involves input and output, which are usually done in a
    blocking manner, so the actual usage is most of the time be less, since
    the program blocks occasionally), regardless of CPU speed, and will simply
    get their task done quicker in a faster system.

    I am a programmer, altought not a very good one :(.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Windigo" <windigo(a)@paganplanet.com> schreef in bericht

    > "Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
    > > "Windigo" <windigo(a)@paganplanet.com> looked up from reading the
    > > entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
    > > say:
    >
    > > >language use.
    > >
    > > There's a difference though.
    > >
    > > A person can't help what their race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual
    > > orientation etc are.
    > >
    > > Bad language use like the above is pure laziness, and that CAN be
    > > helped. It's the written equivalent of talking with your mouth full and
    > > it gets in the way of communication.
    > >
    > > Phonetic "shortcuts" also make it considerably harder for people whose
    > > native language isn't english to understand, since those shortcuts DON'T
    > > sound like what they're being used to represent in their language..
    > >
    > > Xocyll
    > > --
    > > I don't particularly want you to FOAD, myself. You'll be more of
    > > a cautionary example if you'll FO And Get Chronically, Incurably,
    > > Painfully, Progressively, Expensively, Debilitatingly Ill. So
    > > FOAGCIPPEDI. -- Mike Andrews responding to an idiot in asr
    >
    > Diablo is likely part of an online community that uses that style of
    > communication. It's perfectly acceptable in many groups. BTW did you
    > bother to read the faq? To be truthful, I agree with you on the subject
    but
    > the attitude of the faq that Buckle advised reading was IMHO too arrogant
    > dismiss and made me question my attitudes. And as I noted, I really
    > shouldn't respond to posts before I have breakfast.'-)
    >

    > Windigo

    english aint my language, and about my style of postin
    its just that after puttin in a quesion and get questions in
    return kinda confused me, wasnt my first post clear enuff? i guess not.
    i did go to fag just now, all it did was scrollin tru it. why? well it wasnt
    in my language or afailable.

    i try to use common sens. to many people tryin to understand what i sayin by
    dictatin every darn letter.
    maybe it helps readin between the lines :-). Aka gray area, for some people
    this a huge void.
    i not pointin in anyone direction cause this only make me hit mid air.Lol

    doesnt it concern u guys a program usin 100% of cpu power, i not sayin it
    shouldnt, but i like to have my pc
    in top shape. i alrdy have to many crashes in a big party 5+people, this
    seams common in path of ascension sinds
    people dropin like flies in a very actiff 5+ party.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > "Windigo" <windigo(a)@paganplanet.com> schreef in bericht

    Snip
    > english aint my language, and about my style of postin
    > its just that after puttin in a quesion and get questions in
    > return kinda confused me, wasnt my first post clear enuff? i guess not.
    > i did go to fag just now, all it did was scrollin tru it. why? well it
    wasnt
    > in my language or afailable.
    >
    > i try to use common sens. to many people tryin to understand what i sayin
    by
    > dictatin every darn letter.
    > maybe it helps readin between the lines :-). Aka gray area, for some
    people
    > this a huge void.
    > i not pointin in anyone direction cause this only make me hit mid air.Lol
    >
    > doesnt it concern u guys a program usin 100% of cpu power, i not sayin it
    > shouldnt, but i like to have my pc
    > in top shape. i alrdy have to many crashes in a big party 5+people, this
    > seams common in path of ascension sinds
    > people dropin like flies in a very actiff 5+ party.

    Disregarding language use, ;-) I have a 1.7 MHz system and my wife is
    running a 2.6 MHz system. Both have 1 GB RAM and both use 100% of the CPU
    when running NWN. I tested it on a 700 MHz machine with 512 MB RAM and the
    results were the same. I don't think it's a performance issue.

    Windigo
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > "Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Windigo" <windigo(a)@paganplanet.com> schreef in bericht
    >
    > Snip
    >
    > Disregarding language use, ;-) I have a 1.7 MHz system and my wife is
    > running a 2.6 MHz system. Both have 1 GB RAM and both use 100% of the CPU
    > when running NWN. I tested it on a 700 MHz machine with 512 MB RAM and
    the
    > results were the same. I don't think it's a performance issue.
    >

    > Windigo

    I use 3GHz system with 1Gig RAM and 128MB Graphics and it also uses 95%+ of
    CPU. Not really an issue, because the CPU will lessen that usage if
    something else tries to run in the background at the same time. I really
    can't see why Diablo is getting so worked up about this issue. It's like
    saying he doesn't want to use his entire brain thinking about something,
    just in case he needs to suddenly think about something else at the same
    time. Room will be made to accomodate, regardless.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Paul Rhodes" <rhodes@allwayscrackingbars.com> wrote in message
    > "Windigo" <windigo(a)@paganplanet.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Diablo" <Blablabla@blablabla.bla> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Windigo" <windigo(a)@paganplanet.com> schreef in bericht
    > >
    > > Snip
    > >
    > > Disregarding language use, ;-) I have a 1.7 MHz system and my wife is
    > > running a 2.6 MHz system. Both have 1 GB RAM and both use 100% of the
    CPU
    > > when running NWN. I tested it on a 700 MHz machine with 512 MB RAM and
    > the
    > > results were the same. I don't think it's a performance issue.
    > >

    > > Windigo
    > >

    > I use 3GHz system with 1Gig RAM and 128MB Graphics and it also uses 95%+
    of
    > CPU. Not really an issue, because the CPU will lessen that usage if
    > something else tries to run in the background at the same time. I really
    > can't see why Diablo is getting so worked up about this issue. It's like
    > saying he doesn't want to use his entire brain thinking about something,
    > just in case he needs to suddenly think about something else at the same
    > time. Room will be made to accomodate, regardless.

    You sure about that with all of us??? muhahahaha!

Games Processors Power Video Games