USB DRIVES

Can usb drives be disabled using GP (WIN 2K SVR), if it can please show me how. Usersare giving me nightmares!!!

Not really. There is a KB article link below that discusses a mod for XP computers
that involves permissions changes to the usbstor.inf and usbstor.pnf files or for
usbstor registry key but personally I have not had consistent results with it. Of
course you have nothing to lose trying it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823732

Otherwise solutions may involve disabling USB ports in cmos which will require locked
computer cases and cmos protected passwords to be effective or even physically
blocking access to the USB ports. Some have suggested epoxy.

There are also third party solutions such as PortsLock and or Reflex Disknet
ro. --- Steve

http://www.reflex-magnetics.com/products/disknetpro/
http://www.portslock.com/

"CasDeTroy" <CasDeTroy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can usb drives be disabled using GP (WIN 2K SVR), if it can please show me how.
Usersare giving me nightmares!!!

Take a look at this thread. It explains how to do it using administrative
templates

http://forums.susserver.com/index.php?showtopic=2067