GPO Apply

ricardo

What kind of GPOs are applied first, the user based or computer based ?
And if there're conflict between then, what happen ?

Thanks

Hi Ricardo

Group policy for the computer is processed at boot (first) and then for the
user and logon (second).

Referring to:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/default.asp?url=/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/distrib/dsec_pol_BLSA.asp

Computer policy is processed at startup and then user policy is processed
when the user logs on. Although computer policy is applied before user
policy, if user and computer policy settings specify different behavior, the
computer policy will generally prevail. This is not enforced by the Group
Policy infrastructure, but is rather a convention that is followed by the
operating system and by applications that exploit Group Policy unless there
are specific reasons that the convention is not appropriate for a given
policy setting.

Kind regards
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]