disallow password change to the administrator account by a..

Nathan

Hi,

First of all, I can't deploy AD due to historical reasons,
so I need to do this at the local host level - it would
have been a lot easier if I can deploy AD.... :(

So, I need to have an user account with administrator
privileges, but I need to make sure that user can not
change the password to the administrator's account - is
there any way to accomplish this??

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Nathan

First off, you can never restrict a knowledgeable administrator. Having said that you
can configure any account to not allow user to change password, though that will not
prevent password resets. In addition you can configure auditing of account management
that will show who changed what passwords assuming the security log was not erased by
an administrator which in itself will leave an event in the log. --- Steve