Computer setting filtered by user group

I am trying to filter a policy by a particular group, however when I do this it does not apply the setting. The setting is a computer setting. If I change the policy to apply to authenticated users it works. When I change it to filter it by a user group or an individual user I can't get it to apply. It had read and apply permissions on that policy. Any ideas. According the the RSOP the user settings of the policy get applied but the computer settings are denied (filtered).
1 answer Last reply
More about computer setting filtered user group

    Computer configuration applies to all users that logon to the computer and
    is applied to the computer before any user logs on, therefore can not be
    filtered by user. The reason it did not work at all is you removed the
    authenticated users group from apply. Domain computers are part of the
    authenticated users group and when you remove that group it no longer
    applied to the computer. You can add computer accounts to the apply
    permissions. Gpresult will show what groups a computer is a member of. ---
    Steve

    "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to filter a policy by a particular group, however when I do
    this it does not apply the setting. The setting is a computer setting. If
    I change the policy to apply to authenticated users it works. When I change
    it to filter it by a user group or an individual user I can't get it to
    apply. It had read and apply permissions on that policy. Any ideas.
    According the the RSOP the user settings of the policy get applied but the
    computer settings are denied (filtered).

Policy Filter Computers Windows