PASSWORD CHANGE

My users are having "dont have permission to change your password" message when the passwords expire & they have to change.

I have everyone, authenticated users & the security group access to the dc over the network.. THe paswd chane is successful ONLY when i increase users sec level.

What am i not doing right?

See the following link about setting the change password permission for the
everyone group for the container that the users are in. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;258788

"CasDeTroy" <CasDeTroy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My users are having "dont have permission to change your password" message
when the passwords expire & they have to change.

> I have everyone, authenticated users & the security group access to the dc
over the network.. THe paswd chane is successful ONLY when i increase users
sec level.

> What am i not doing right?

There is no option to apply change pasword permission on rgtclck Users>properties>security>everyone>advanced>view/edit..

Am i missing something?

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

> See the following link about setting the change password permission for the
> everyone group for the container that the users are in. --- Steve
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;258788
>
> "CasDeTroy" <CasDeTroy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My users are having "dont have permission to change your password" message
> when the passwords expire & they have to change.
> >
> > I have everyone, authenticated users & the security group access to the dc
> over the network.. THe paswd chane is successful ONLY when i increase users
> sec level.
> >
> > What am i not doing right?

I think you may have missed the part on "apply onto" - user objects as shown in step
below. --- Steve

1.. Click the Everyone group in the list, and then click View/Edit to edit the
group's permissions. In the Apply Onto box, click User Objects. In the Permissions
section, click to select the Change Password permission in the Allow box.