Pictures Missing

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

On what appears to be all URL's, pictures have been replace with a small,
black, outlined square with a red "x" inside. Checking properties shows me
"Address: http://127.0.0.1:1029/bug.cgi".

Help would be appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Are you running a norton firewall or XP SP2 Firewall. Nortan has a selection
for ADD Blocking and so does XP SP2 firewall.

"Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
> On what appears to be all URL's, pictures have been replace with a small,
> black, outlined square with a red "x" inside. Checking properties shows
> me "Address: http://127.0.0.1:1029/bug.cgi".
>
> Help would be appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi Steve,

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
> On what appears to be all URL's, pictures have been replace with a small,
> black, outlined square with a red "x" inside. Checking properties shows
> me "Address: http://127.0.0.1:1029/bug.cgi".
>
> Help would be appreciated.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

No; I have Zone Alarm Pro.
"Robert Jacobs" <rjacobs0spamfree@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Are you running a norton firewall or XP SP2 Firewall. Nortan has a
> selection for ADD Blocking and so does XP SP2 firewall.
>
> "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> On what appears to be all URL's, pictures have been replace with a small,
>> black, outlined square with a red "x" inside. Checking properties shows
>> me "Address: http://127.0.0.1:1029/bug.cgi".
>>
>> Help would be appreciated.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Will try this lengthy trouble shooting process after the Eagles win the
Super Bowl.

> Hi Steve,
>
> Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> On what appears to be all URL's, pictures have been replace with a small,
>> black, outlined square with a red "x" inside. Checking properties shows
>> me "Address: http://127.0.0.1:1029/bug.cgi".
>>
>> Help would be appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi Steve :)

You didn't mention which version of Windows or IE you have, but, in addition
to the other suggestions, you might also try the following that may apply to
your OS and see if it helps.

First, if you have Zone Alarm Pro:

Zone Alarm Pro can block Images in IE

1. Go into IE>Tools>Internet Options>Security>Custom level>reset custom
level to Medium or Low

2. Go into IE>Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>set the slider to Medium or Low

3. Go to this site and read on adjusting the Privacy settings in ZA. It will
explain how to customize on a per site basis.

http://www.donhoover.net/privacy.html

also.....

Click on the Advanced tab.
Scroll down to the Multimedia section and make sure the box “Show Pictures”
is
ticked.

For further information see this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

Image Files Do Not Appear When You View a Web Page with Internet Explorer 6
SP1
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817177
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/ieimage.htm#IMAGEREDX

or....

Red X Instead of Images –

Can not see or save Images/Pictures
Fuzzy Text and fuzzy web graphics

Change the DPI setting from Large to Normal and see if that helps.

I can't see JPG's or GIFS any more - red x - images missing - fuzzy
images/distorted images
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#jpg_gif
or .
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

or.....................

To restore the default file association, go to
Download, unzip and merge the REG file, "JPE/JPG/JPEG Association Fix"
Some image/graphics programs will change file associations.

or..........

Try clearing the IE cache. I.E./Tools/Options/General/Delete files (and
delete offline content.)

Hope this helps

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> On what appears to be all URL's, pictures have been replace with a small,
> black, outlined square with a red "x" inside. Checking properties shows
me
> "Address: http://127.0.0.1:1029/bug.cgi".
>
> Help would be appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi,

Sounds like webbugs to me. You can visit http://www.adoko.com/webbugs.html
to have more info.

I don't know why all pictures are like that. Did you check for viruses and
spyware?

Kind regards

Hans Le Roy
MS MVP Win/IE-OE

"Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
> On what appears to be all URL's, pictures have been replace with a small,
> black, outlined square with a red "x" inside. Checking properties shows
me
> "Address: http://127.0.0.1:1029/bug.cgi".
>
> Help would be appreciated.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

No; I've run Spybot, Ad-Aware, MAS & BSA.

> Will try this lengthy trouble shooting process after the Eagles win
> the Super Bowl.

<SNIP>

Sorry.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Apparently you will have to wait until next year to fix it....<g>. Too bad
for the Eagles, but you don't win big games by throwing interceptions.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Will try this lengthy trouble shooting process after the Eagles win the
> Super Bowl.

>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> On what appears to be all URL's, pictures have been replace with a
>>> small, black, outlined square with a red "x" inside. Checking
>>> properties shows me "Address: http://127.0.0.1:1029/bug.cgi".
>>>
>>> Help would be appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

"Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
> On what appears to be all URL's, pictures have been replace with a small,
> black, outlined square with a red "x" inside. Checking properties shows me
> "Address: http://127.0.0.1:1029/bug.cgi".

What program is using port 1029? (We know it is a local program
because the TCP-IP loopback address is involved.)

On XP to find out open an cmd window and enter

netstat -ao | find /i "1029"

(The -o switch is only available in XP and shows you the
PID of the process which has that port open. From there you could
use Task Manager's Processes tab to identify the program by name.)

Probably it is some kind of privacy or ad-blocking filter you have running.
You will have to find out how to tweak it to make it show you images
that you really want to see.

> Help would be appreciated.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Thanks! Culprit was "vsmon.exe", a Zone Alarm Pro component. I had
inadvertantly changed my privacy settings. After the Eagles defeat
yesterday I was sure I was being punished by having to slog through the
mutitude of possibilities suggested by others.

> "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> On what appears to be all URL's, pictures have been replace with a small,
>> black, outlined square with a red "x" inside. Checking properties shows
>> me
>> "Address: http://127.0.0.1:1029/bug.cgi".
>
> What program is using port 1029? (We know it is a local program
> because the TCP-IP loopback address is involved.)
>
> On XP to find out open an cmd window and enter
>
> netstat -ao | find /i "1029"
>
> (The -o switch is only available in XP and shows you the
> PID of the process which has that port open. From there you could
> use Task Manager's Processes tab to identify the program by name.)
>
> Probably it is some kind of privacy or ad-blocking filter you have
> running.
> You will have to find out how to tweak it to make it show you images
> that you really want to see.
>

>> Help would be appreciated.
>>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi Steve :)

> Thanks! Culprit was "vsmon.exe", a Zone Alarm Pro component. I had
> inadvertantly changed my privacy settings. After the Eagles defeat
> yesterday I was sure I was being punished by having to slog through the
> mutitude of possibilities suggested by others.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your problem. Good job!

Thank you for posting back and letting us know what worked for you, and for
the benefit of other readers who might have a similar problem. :)