Group Policy Templates for SBS2003

I downloaded the .msi for Windows 2003 Group Policy Templates. I
installed them, but when I tried to open them in the Group Policy
Editor, it wouldn't load. Where do I find a set of GP Templates for
SBS 2003 that is functional and will actually load into the GP Editor?

Hollis D. Paul [MVP - Outlook]
Hollis@outhousebythesound.com

Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit), Windows 2000 build 2600
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SD=TECH&LN=EN-US

Mukilteo, WA USA
3 answers Last reply
More about group policy templates sbs2003

    In article <#n5$zxiVEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, Chriss3 wrote:
    > What kind of MSI Package with GPO Templates? Group Policy Common Scenarios?
    > If so they should be imported with GPMC.

    The name of the .msi file is admFiles_WindowsServer2003.msi. When you
    double-click it, it creates a directory named WindowsServer2003, that
    contains 5 .adm files. I renamed the system.adm file to system_dld.adm, and
    imported it into the gpedit.msc. It did import the adm file--but when I
    close the import window, it gives me the following error message:

    "The following error occurred in H:\Windows\System32\ADM\system_dld.adm on
    line 62:
    Error 64 Help string specified more than once.
    The file cannot be loaded"

    I OK that error message and get another for line 4699.

    I presumed that this was a known problem.

    I do want to configure the policy that kills the shutdown tracker, but that
    is there in the existing System templates.

    I am looking for the one that allows member servers to be access through the
    Remote Desktop WorkShop.

    Hollis D. Paul [MVP - Outlook]
    Hollis@outhousebythesound.com

    Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit), Windows 2000 build 2600
    http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SD=TECH&LN=EN-US

    Mukilteo, WA USA

    Hello Paul.

    --
    Regards
    Christoffer Andersson

    In article <VA.00001a5d.0154491d@obts-outlookdev.outlookbythesound.mukwoods>,
    Hollis D. Paul wrote:
    > "The following error occurred in H:\Windows\System32\ADM\system_dld.adm on
    > line 62:
    > Error 64 Help string specified more than once.
    > The file cannot be loaded"
    >
    > I OK that error message and get another for line 4699.
    >
    > I presumed that this was a known problem.

    Well, in spite of the message saying that the file could not be loaded, it
    apparently was. I found two of everything when I went to configure the
    software update. Removing the one I had imported got rid of the duplicates
    and made things simpler.

    Better yet, almost as soon as I was finished, and while I was still poking
    around on the server, up came an Update Request. Marvelous.

    Hollis D. Paul [MVP - Outlook]
    Hollis@outhousebythesound.com

    Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit), Windows 2000 build 2600
    http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SD=TECH&LN=EN-US

    Mukilteo, WA USA

Policy Windows Server 2003 SBS 2003 Windows