Windows XP Professional In Windows 2000 Domain.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 19, 2004 8:10:25 PM

Greetings,

We are considering adding Windows XP Professional workstations in our
Windows 2000 domain.

I have added on workstation, and I have a problem.

Users who are in domain administrator group cannot have access to
folders that are specified to have domain administrators access to, nor
they can delete/move files owned by domain administrators or own files.

All workstations/servers are up to date with all patches/security
updates.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Adam.
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 2:20:02 AM

I noticed a few odd issues with domain administrators not being able to
access files and such because the did not have local admin rights. It was
strange because I thought domain admins had Local admin rights by default.
I solved it by making sure the Domain admins group was added to the local
administrator group. I then used RIS Images to create all my other
workstations and never had the problem again.

Since that worked I never revisited the issue to find out why. It seemed to
be a random in nature in that it did not happen on all machines.

!