disabling tempory profiles

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 21, 2004 10:26:30 AM

Is there any way to disable the use of the temporary
profile in win 2000 or xp? when users try to login,
without a network cable and get an error, they get a
temporary profile that has no policies and can get around
our proxy server. also disabling cashed logins did not do
the trick because the network cable is unplugged during
the login process. so is there a way to disable the
temporary profile or possibly create a mandatory one that
cannot be changed and have settings that are fubar so
that users cannot access anything.

thanks to any one that has any ideas,
Bob
warriorbax@lycos.com
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 1:18:42 PM

bob-
I haven't tried it, but if you enable this policy:

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\Log
users off when roaming profile fails

you should get the desired result.

Darren
http://www.gpoguy.com

"bob" <warriorbax@lycos.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to disable the use of the temporary
> profile in win 2000 or xp? when users try to login,
> without a network cable and get an error, they get a
> temporary profile that has no policies and can get around
> our proxy server. also disabling cashed logins did not do
> the trick because the network cable is unplugged during
> the login process. so is there a way to disable the
> temporary profile or possibly create a mandatory one that
> cannot be changed and have settings that are fubar so
> that users cannot access anything.
>
> thanks to any one that has any ideas,
> Bob
> warriorbax@lycos.com

Anonymous
June 21, 2004 8:26:38 PM

Hi Bob.

Though I have never tried it there is a "computer" setting in Group Policy that
applies to all users that logon to a computer that may help. Look under computer
configuration/administrative templates/system/logon and read the explanation for the
two settings "log users off when roaming profile fails" and "wait for roaming
profile". --- Steve

!