disabling tempory profiles

Is there any way to disable the use of the temporary
profile in win 2000 or xp? when users try to login,
without a network cable and get an error, they get a
temporary profile that has no policies and can get around
our proxy server. also disabling cashed logins did not do
the trick because the network cable is unplugged during
the login process. so is there a way to disable the
temporary profile or possibly create a mandatory one that
cannot be changed and have settings that are fubar so
that users cannot access anything.

thanks to any one that has any ideas,
Bob
warriorbax@lycos.com
2 answers Last reply
More about disabling tempory profiles

    bob-
    I haven't tried it, but if you enable this policy:

    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\Log
    users off when roaming profile fails

    you should get the desired result.

    Darren
    http://www.gpoguy.com

    "bob" <warriorbax@lycos.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to disable the use of the temporary
    > profile in win 2000 or xp? when users try to login,
    > without a network cable and get an error, they get a
    > temporary profile that has no policies and can get around
    > our proxy server. also disabling cashed logins did not do
    > the trick because the network cable is unplugged during
    > the login process. so is there a way to disable the
    > temporary profile or possibly create a mandatory one that
    > cannot be changed and have settings that are fubar so
    > that users cannot access anything.
    >
    > thanks to any one that has any ideas,
    > Bob
    > warriorbax@lycos.com

    Hi Bob.

    Though I have never tried it there is a "computer" setting in Group Policy that
    applies to all users that logon to a computer that may help. Look under computer
    configuration/administrative templates/system/logon and read the explanation for the
    two settings "log users off when roaming profile fails" and "wait for roaming
    profile". --- Steve

    "bob" <warriorbax@lycos.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to disable the use of the temporary
    > profile in win 2000 or xp? when users try to login,
    > without a network cable and get an error, they get a
    > temporary profile that has no policies and can get around
    > our proxy server. also disabling cashed logins did not do
    > the trick because the network cable is unplugged during
    > the login process. so is there a way to disable the
    > temporary profile or possibly create a mandatory one that
    > cannot be changed and have settings that are fubar so
    > that users cannot access anything.
    >
    > thanks to any one that has any ideas,
    > Bob
    > warriorbax@lycos.com