How do I stop windows installer from loading a non-existen..

I tried to load the windows fax program which I do not have. Now every time I
boot up window installer tries to load the program and comes back with the
message that I must find the fax program to install it. You can't uninstall
it and you can't reinstall it to uninstall it. A very frustrating
predicament. I have searched the web for ages to try to find someone with the
solution to this problem to no avail. I think I need to edit the register,
but I don't know how. I have tried to restore numerous times to no avail. I
tried add/remove program to remove the windows software to no avail.
I used Windows Registry Repair Pro to clean out the registry, but it did not
help! I am going to put this same message on some of the other forums as I am
sick of using the task manager to kill the install error message that keeps
re-running when you press cancel
Hope someone can help me
Thanks in anticipation

--
Nerida

For someone who has had the same tipe of prob before i just restored my
system with system restore going back to a save point

"Nerida" <Nerida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I tried to load the windows fax program which I do not have. Now every time
| boot up window installer tries to load the program and comes back with the
| message that I must find the fax program to install it. You can't
uninstall
| it and you can't reinstall it to uninstall it. A very frustrating
| predicament. I have searched the web for ages to try to find someone with
the
| solution to this problem to no avail. I think I need to edit the register,
| but I don't know how. I have tried to restore numerous times to no avail.
| tried add/remove program to remove the windows software to no avail.
| I used Windows Registry Repair Pro to clean out the registry, but it did
not
| help! I am going to put this same message on some of the other forums as I
am
| sick of using the task manager to kill the install error message that
keeps
| re-running when you press cancel
| Hope someone can help me
| Thanks in anticipation
|
| --
| Nerida

Run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.