Excluding folders

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

We have our group policy setup on our Windows 2000 Server to exclude the Temporary Internet Files, and Temp folders. the problem we are having is that even though it is setup on our OU, it is not enforced, all the profiles are still copying files back and forth creating folders 100mb+.
Our client machines are windows xp. is there a problem or fix i should know about?
thanks,

I gather from you brief description that you are using roamming profiles and
you have set the policy to exclude files from roaing profiles. It actually
seems quite strange to me the the policy is not working, as these particular
folders are excluded by defaulf, even if you don´t enable this particular
policy. I suggest that you check wich are the folders being moved: my
documents and desktop are by default included in the roaming profile if you
don´t redirect them, wich is the best choice when using this kind of setup.
Also, if you don´t need it, make sure you disable offline files, wich you
can also do by pilicy.
Hope this helps,
Robert

Roberto Ruiz
Brainbench MVP for WinNT Workstation
http://www.brainbench.com

"bryan" <bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have our group policy setup on our Windows 2000 Server to exclude the
Temporary Internet Files, and Temp folders. the problem we are having is
that even though it is setup on our OU, it is not enforced, all the profiles
are still copying files back and forth creating folders 100mb+.
> Our client machines are windows xp. is there a problem or fix i should
know about?
> thanks,

Latest posts