Printer Addition

If you add printers via a script in a group policy object in AD, is there a
way to make it 'run once' instead of running at every logon? This would come
in handy in other situations as well..... like, scripting a scheduled task
through AD. I guess you could make the script check for an installed printer
(or scheduled task, or....) before installing it, but I'm not sure how to do
that.

Thanks,
Brooke Justice

Brooke,

I'd just add a registry key that says you've run the script. I usually have
a constant at the top of the script called the version, and I tag the
registry with the script version. When I make an update, I incremement hte
version, and that causes it to run again.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"Brooke Justice" <xbjusticex@xequibrandx.com> wrote in message
> If you add printers via a script in a group policy object in AD, is there
> way to make it 'run once' instead of running at every logon? This would
come
> in handy in other situations as well..... like, scripting a scheduled task
> through AD. I guess you could make the script check for an installed
printer
> (or scheduled task, or....) before installing it, but I'm not sure how to
do
> that.
>
> Thanks,
> Brooke Justice