Microsoft Photo Editor - Insufficient Memory

I tried to print a 59Kb jpeg file from MS Photo Editor today and got the
message that there was insufficient memory. I tried another image, and got
the same message. In the past I've printed 300 K images without any problem.
I tried printing from another program (Photo Impression) and it worked fine.
I rebooted to see if Photo Editor was in a bad mood, but it's still not
wanting to print. Anyone know what's happening here?
7 answers Last reply
More about microsoft photo editor insufficient memory

    The Photo Editor registry keys could be corrupted. Here
    is an explanation and a registry fix for the problem:
    http://tinyurl.com/5tlge

    Well, the darndest thing - it's now working for some reason. Thanks for the
    reference, though, Abel. I'll keep it handy in case I do need it in future.

    "Abel Diaz" wrote:

    > The Photo Editor registry keys could be corrupted. Here
    > is an explanation and a registry fix for the problem:
    > http://tinyurl.com/5tlge

    I'm here not only to learn, but to help.

    Hi

    I met this case before, when I open a jpeg file in OE and print, it also display insufficient memory. I found one of the solution
    is: open one of a jpeg file then use "save as" to save this jpeg file again, then the print function return normal ! I think may be
    some components corrupted.

    HTH

    "Abel Diaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ¦b¶l¥ó news:10bf01c50ce3$61da8eb0$a501280a@phx.gbl ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > I'm here not only to learn, but to help.

    Brilliant! That did it, Harry. I had to actually go to another program in
    order to save the file again (I used Paint), but now it prints fine. When I
    wrote yesterday that the printing function was working again in Photo Editor,
    I hadn't yet tried to print the first file that had exhibited the problem. I
    think this file, which came as an attachment from a friend was indeed
    corrupted, and saving it again through MS Paint has fixed it. It now prints
    fine in Photo Editor as well. Thanks for your help.

    "HarryLai" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I met this case before, when I open a jpeg file in OE and print, it also display insufficient memory. I found one of the solution
    > is: open one of a jpeg file then use "save as" to save this jpeg file again, then the print function return normal ! I think may be
    > some components corrupted.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > "Abel Diaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ¦b¶l¥ó news:10bf01c50ce3$61da8eb0$a501280a@phx.gbl ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > > I'm here not only to learn, but to help.

    I'm having the "insufficient memory" problem again with Photo Editor. But now
    it only happens if I choose File/Print. If I simply click the printer icon on
    the Toolbar, it prints fine. This is true for any file, whether it's a couple
    of Kb or a couple of Mb in size. Does this make sense to anyone? Photo Editor
    didn't used to be like this. Has anyone had problems with this software and
    found it has something to do with a Windows update?

    "HarryLai" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I met this case before, when I open a jpeg file in OE and print, it also display insufficient memory. I found one of the solution
    > is: open one of a jpeg file then use "save as" to save this jpeg file again, then the print function return normal ! I think may be
    > some components corrupted.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > "Abel Diaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ¦b¶l¥ó news:10bf01c50ce3$61da8eb0$a501280a@phx.gbl ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > > I'm here not only to learn, but to help.

    Well, Abel, I finally got brave enough to tackle the registry keys. I
    followed the instructions given by Microsoft at the site you gave me, and now
    everything seems to be back to normal again with Photo Editor. You were
    right, I guess - the keys were corrupted. Thanks so much for your help with
    this.

    "Abel Diaz" wrote:

    > The Photo Editor registry keys could be corrupted. Here
    > is an explanation and a registry fix for the problem:
    > http://tinyurl.com/5tlge

Photo Microsoft Memory Windows XP