Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia says the 8800 Vista Drivers coming soon:

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 16, 2007 8:28:37 PM

I sent an email asking about it, since I have Vista through the business route. This is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

I understand from your email, that using Geforce 8800 graphics card you want to know graphics driver for Vista.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Beta software drivers for the Microsoft Vista Operating System are under development, qualification testing and may include significant issues. We still require more time to conduct all of our internal testing as well as Microsoft Logo testing that is required for a certified drivers. However the Windows Vista driver release will come before the Windows Vista consumer retail version launch.

Best Regards,

NVIDIA Customer Care.

Sounds hopefull, but I wonder how much sooner? There is a leaked beta driver out, but I'm hesitant to use it...
January 16, 2007 10:09:34 PM

Well, I sure as hell am using it. I'm typing this post using it right now. I've had Vista just sitting on my computer not doing anything ever since I got my computer because there have been no drivers for it. It seems pretty stable, there are a few bugs though.
January 16, 2007 10:31:12 PM

I am surprised that they didnt already have drivers out.
January 19, 2007 2:14:48 PM

In the nvidia forums they say the drivers are going to be released on the day retail vista is available to consumers. (The 30th Jan). Am waiting for them myself, as will get vista home premium mid week from my friend who runs his own computer business.
!