multiple OU's for one user.

In a recent GPO webcast a comment was made the a user can
only belong to ONE OU. Is this correct? I read that
nowhere. If so, how would you manage a user with multiple
job's IE. a Nusrse one day, and a Administrator the
next. Each needing and having diferent needs.
1 answer Last reply
More about multiple user

    What you heard on the WebCast was correct. Any object can only exist once in
    AD, anywhere in the forest. There are many ways to deal with what it sounds
    like you need but I am sure if you explain your exact needs in more detail
    you will get a more accurate answers.

    The issue is probably that a 'user' and/or and 'computer' recieves settings
    from potentially many GPOs and all of the settings combined in those
    multiple GPOs will ultimately combine to create the 'state' of the system.
    If the user is Usera and Monday Usera is a nurse and Wednesday Usera is an
    adminsitrator the 'user' is still Usera and Usera is still receiving the
    same settings from day to day. Group Policy applies to the object depending
    on where it is in the hierarchy of AD there is no way to get around this.
    There is no way to tell the logon process taht today Usera is actually a
    different identity it will always be the same security principal.

    You may end up needing to have two IDs UserNurse and UserAdministrator.
    Messy but depending on what you are trying to do that may be your solutions.
    There are probably other kludge solutions.

    Kevin Sullivan
    Product Manager
    AutoProf
    http://www.autoprof.com/policy

    "jimE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In a recent GPO webcast a comment was made the a user can
    > only belong to ONE OU. Is this correct? I read that
    > nowhere. If so, how would you manage a user with multiple
    > job's IE. a Nusrse one day, and a Administrator the
    > next. Each needing and having diferent needs.

Policy Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows