Too much Apple-related 'news'

PragmaticDreamer

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Hello, I am a regular visitor on this website. Within the last three months I have noticed a massive upward trend to the proportion of Apple related articles against everything else. I feel that this is to the detriment of of non-Apple related news that get bumped to following pages in 'Latest News' as newer Apple articles are posted. In addition, the number of Apple articles written by one Zak Islam is cause for concern. These articles come across as cheerleading for Apple. I'm sure quite a few people here remember the days of Brian X. Chen writing for Wired.com's Gadget Lab and can empathize with my thoughts.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
Well Apple is a big company and when they do something like release a new product people want to know about it.

If you want your local news go on their website.

If most of them are written by Zak Islam then that means he gets a lot of updates from them and tells us whats happening which is a good thing.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I have seen a lot of hate for zak Islam lately, and it's obviously undeserved.

Perhaps if you and your fellow Zak haters would actually pay attention, he writes articles that do not paint Apple in a favorable light at all as well. In fact, it is nearly impossible to get a reading on his personal feelings about Apple, which is a sign of a good writer.

If you don't like Apple news, well, I don't know what to tell you. I too am not a fan of Apple products, but there is no question that Apple is a technology company. Tom's is a site that covers ALL technology. As such, it would be difficult, and stupid, of Tom's to ignore Apple. The fact that Apple is the most valuable company in the US today shows that they are a very popular company with a lot of people, and you simply don't want them covered due to your own bias.