prevent local administrator from logging in through Termin..

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

What can I do to prevent the local administrator of a win2k server from
logging in via terminal service? I dont mean local administrator group. Just
the user Administrator of the local server.

I use TS for remote admin on a domain controller so I may not be quite right about
this but see if you have the option in the administrators account/Terminal Services
to disable the ability to logon via TS. Also check in Terminal Services
Configuration/connections - RDP-tcp/properties/permissions and grant the
administrator deny permissions for full control as an additional possibility. ---
Steve

"Tony" <tonyw@suse.stanford.edu> wrote in message
> What can I do to prevent the local administrator of a win2k server from
> logging in via terminal service? I dont mean local administrator group. Just
> the user Administrator of the local server.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

If the account isn't really used, you may try disabling
it or changing the password on it to something only
the 'real' Domain Admins know

Ken