prevent local administrator from logging in through Termin..

What can I do to prevent the local administrator of a win2k server from
logging in via terminal service? I dont mean local administrator group. Just
the user Administrator of the local server.
2 answers Last reply
More about prevent local administrator logging termin

    I use TS for remote admin on a domain controller so I may not be quite right about
    this but see if you have the option in the administrators account/Terminal Services
    to disable the ability to logon via TS. Also check in Terminal Services
    Configuration/connections - RDP-tcp/properties/permissions and grant the
    administrator deny permissions for full control as an additional possibility. ---
    Steve

    "Tony" <tonyw@suse.stanford.edu> wrote in message
    > What can I do to prevent the local administrator of a win2k server from
    > logging in via terminal service? I dont mean local administrator group. Just
    > the user Administrator of the local server.

    If the account isn't really used, you may try disabling
    it or changing the password on it to something only
    the 'real' Domain Admins know

    Ken

Login Microsoft Servers Windows