Multiple GPO's

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

This is currently how the OU's for nearly all our machines is setup

--------------------------
HEAD OFFICE OU
--------------------------
1. Internet access GPO
2. Main Configuration GPO

Anyone who is a member of the Internet Access security group will apply the Internet access GPO before applying the Main Configuration GPO to set the proxy server settings. This seems to work for 99% of the users in our organisation but occasisionally we get a number that apply the main group policy but not the internet access one even though they are a member of the Internet Access security group.

I know that this is not a problem with the ordering of the GPO's and I also know that it is not a problem with conflicting settings as if I log in with another user other than the one that is having problems it applies the Internet Access GPO settings OK and then when the user that was having the problems logs back in they pick up the additional settings as well. Is there something I am missing?

Any help on this would be great.

Hi Steve

I've seen this sort of thing before when DC's aren't replicating properly
and contain different copies of the Group Policy. Issues arise as you log
on and authenticate against different DC's. From a DC, try running

gpotool /verbose > gps.txt

Then examine the resulting gps.txt file for problems.

If this isn't fruitful, I'd suggest gathering a User Environment Debug Log
and harvesting it after you manage to reproduce the issue:

221833 How to enable user environment debug logging in retail builds of
Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=221833

Kind regards
--