Local Policy and Network speed

Hello,
I placed a startup script in the Local Policy on a server in a remote site with DC. This site is connected to the naerest site with DC with heavily used WAN link. When the server is rebooted the start up script is not executed.
I know Group Policies check for link speed and does not excute parts of the policy when the link is detecetd as slow. I am wondering if the same applies to the Local Policy of a server. The server is WIndows 2000 SP3.
Thanks,
--
Vincenzo
1 answer Last reply

    Vincenzo-
    It could be a slow link causing the script to not run. One thing you can try
    to confirm is to force scripts to run even on a slow link. You can do that
    by setting the appropriate policy on that server under Computer
    Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Group Policy\Scripts policy
    processing.

    You can also enable verbose userenv logging on that remote server--and it
    will tell you explicitly if a slow link was detected, but it may be quicker
    to just set the policy and try it.
    --
    Darren Mar-Elia
    MS-MVP-Windows Management

    "Vincenzo" <Vincenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I placed a startup script in the Local Policy on a server in a remote site
    with DC. This site is connected to the naerest site with DC with heavily
    used WAN link. When the server is rebooted the start up script is not
    executed.
    > I know Group Policies check for link speed and does not excute parts of
    the policy when the link is detecetd as slow. I am wondering if the same
    applies to the Local Policy of a server. The server is WIndows 2000 SP3.
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Vincenzo

Policy Servers Windows