E4300 In Stock @ TigerDirect!

radelow

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
Just ordered one...

TigerDirect E4300

It's OEM so they say you have to order a fan with it for the 1 year warranty but my lady was nice and took care of it. Gave me 2 day air also for only $6.99. Price on the CPU was $179.99.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
It's "in stock". So if you head off to Tigerdirect or Call them up they most likely have them in display or at least in the Back room in Stockpiles.

OMG! Tigerdirect only show's it at 200Fsb X 8= 1.6Ghz it's not the (9X Multiplyer we all thought 8O )

But in Detailed Specs it says
Processor Speed
1.80GHz

What Dumb asses they have working on updating the website :roll:

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
:p It's in Bold and in the title, thats why Most users see the thing that Tigerdirect wants us to see first, then the Product Specs :lol:

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Remember Jack, There is always Calm before the Storm, AMD may just have diverted all Thunder into Redeveloping 65nm and Tweaking and oiling all the creaks out of the Hinges of K8L Door.
Who knows K8L may actually beat up the Core Arc :?:

radelow

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
Not to get too far off the topic but I compare the AMD vs. INTEL race directly to the Boeing vs. Airbus race. The leadership positions swap places from time to time but both manufacturers manage to eventually take the lead for a period of time. Eventually AMD will go to the top of the heap for awhile...

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
I kinda dont like to buy OEM processors since of the warranty limits and fan thing.

Something I have for sure is that I will not buy form TigerDirect again, when I ordered my E6600 just released on july 28, they sent it after 2 weeks. I would like to see how they work out this E4300 sells.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Love it, no issues until now. Best motherboard I ever owned. Glad I got it. Though I payed a premium price, they have it in kazoo or whatever that website is named for $340.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
a $179 bucks plus shipping approx 186......that is kinda high don't you think when you can get a 6300 at new egg for $195.00 free shipping.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Omg you rich ass :twisted:

well to start with, I never heard of the striker having serious sound problems until late after it was released (and this was with 2 people only)and this was with the X-fi. I dont own an X-fi so i cant tell, I use as you can see an audigy 2 zs. Just to mention, my board came with latest bios and althought it doesnt mention any x-fi issue, they should have been fixed by now.

good luck with your system, looks like and ass-kicker :twisted:

epsilon84

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
Omg you rich ass :twisted:

well to start with, I never heard of the striker having serious sound problems until late after it was released (and this was with 2 people only)and this was with the X-fi. I dont own an X-fi so i cant tell, I use as you can see an audigy 2 zs. Just to mention, my board came with latest bios and althought it doesnt mention any x-fi issue, they should have been fixed by now.

good luck with your system, looks like and ass-kicker :twisted:

:) :) I am going to use the money I made today shorting Intel stock to fund my little project :) :)

All kidding aside, here is what basically I am building to:
http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=905&cid=8

I have other endeavors though .... I have an X6800 paired with a P5W DH deluxe... I just picked up another P5W DH deluxe and will initially build the same rig as the x6800 and run some paired benchs to see where, if any, FSB is limiting performance, then adjust FSB speed from there.

I will publish the side by side compare here in the forums.... the bench data is done for the x6800 --- I am working on the QX6700 data now.

Jack

Slightly OT, you don't have to answer this Jack if you don't want to, but I'm just curious, at what price did you buy your Intel stocks? You seemed to make a tidy little profit there, here I am planning an E4300 build. :oops: :lol:

radelow

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
*UPDATE*

My CPU shipped and will be here Thursday. Got a tracking number and it's in the UPS shipped having left their distribution center... So TigerDirect, it appears, really came through and is really shipping the chip.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I second this.... :) We cannot have a Microsoft situation in HW, frankly it won't happen --- but AMD had better pull it together soon.
Actually, that would be wayyyy kewl, if some CPU manufacturer came along and gave out free CPU's ala Linux. Open source hardware. :D :wink: 8)

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Also I found a site selling E6300's for only $159.

http://www.stalliontek.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CPC2D%2DE6300OEM

Wow that is pretty cheap, that a 186$CAD for me, the best i can find is 218$ but anyone bought from them ? I can see their website is pretty fast made and they have pretty much old piece and no 775 board but they have low price core duo 2 cpu, :-S

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Lol that make me laft reading the comment from resellerratings.com for that store: "They sold me a pre-production engineering sample CPU which has no warranty from Intel, may have features disabled, and are not supposed to be sold!! These are chips for system builders to test their hardware with and may be damaged and/or have defects!" What kind of people would reseller those cpu , honestly, admin should remove the link to avoid poeple get attractive by the price and get **** when they receive the cpu.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
*UPDATE*

My CPU shipped and will be here Thursday. Got a tracking number and it's in the UPS shipped having left their distribution center... So TigerDirect, it appears, really came through and is really shipping the chip.

Amazing.... it isn't suppose to be released yet, but we are seeing product actually ship.... :)

Yes I do think thats amazing too

BTW, jack, do you work extra time or have a super-paid job? his is the first time I see somebody buying that much stuff!! and expensive ones!

HotFoot

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
It's also available at the Canadian side of Tiger Direct. They have the same typo as has been noted. Unfortunately, it's as yet only $2 cheaper than what I can get the E6300 for. I'm sure that'll come down by the time I can't wait any longer.

EDIT: I was also just reading the fine print at the bottom of the screen. Apparently you can't return or exchange the OEM processor unless you also purchase a heatsink on the same order. This is crap. I already have plenty of heatsinks. What if you get a defective or damaged CPU and you didn't order a heatsink? They won't exchange it for you?