Tuniq Tower Question... PLEASE HELP!

itpromike

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Ok so my board blew and I have to replace it, my question is the adhesive that's on the bottom of the Tuniq Tower Backplate... How the heck do you replace it to put it on another board?

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
You mean the thermal grease? or thermal paste? just get rubbin alcohol and you should be able to take it out.

Then, once you decide to use the tuniq again, make sure you apply a new layer of thermal paste before putting in back on the cpu.

itpromike

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
It's not thermal grease it's like a little square rubber stopper around the base of the backplate... not on the front of the heatsink/mboard but the black piece you put on the back of the motherboard... the little square rubber piece... you rip the sticker off and there is adhesive that adheres to the back of the motherboard sticking the backplate to the board...

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Ok, I never had the Tuniq Tower so I cant really say what you are talking about but you can try these, is that thing that you need double-sided tape? if so you can get it maybe at any computer store or office store.

If what you are talking about is something else, then you can try to look for it in the Sunbeam site (or Tuniq site) whichever the site for the cooler is. I would like to ask Tacos if that thing is really necessary...

genec57

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
You don't really need to replace it. It is just a little trickier to get the back plate aligned to the holes in the mobo. If you really want it stuck on just get some double backed tape and cut it to size.