iPAQ 5550 - What system files get lost after a hard reset?

April 13, 2005 3:49:46 PM

I had an unexpected hard reset of my iPAQ 5550. Previously it had all the
latest bios, firmware and drivers. I recall reading that after a hard reset
some HP softpacks and system drivers must be re-installed. Can anyone
advise me which?

I use bluetooth, which is working, and wlan which needed resetting anyhow
as I since changed my access point and computer.

regards,

Beemer
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 13, 2005 3:49:47 PM

"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote:

>I had an unexpected hard reset of my iPAQ 5550. Previously it had all the
>latest bios, firmware and drivers. I recall reading that after a hard reset
>some HP softpacks and system drivers must be re-installed. Can anyone
>advise me which?

Anything that installed into RAM must be reinstalled, which is most of
them. The only thing saved are files in ROM, which only a full ROM
upgrade will do. So, if you just ran a quick installer and did nothing
special to the 5550 when done other than a soft reset, that is gone.
a b \ Driver
April 13, 2005 3:49:47 PM

The only updates from HP that are not permanent are the latest wifi drivers,
it's the one's that supports wpa.

rights...

!