Your question

Need a case reccomendation <$100

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 16, 2007 11:18:44 PM

I'm in the process of spec'ing out my new box. I struggle the most with cases and the vast selection available. I'm currently thinking about the Antec P180, but my intent is to factor in the suggestions I get in this post. Here's my criteria:

1 - Less than $100 (I'll pay for the P180, but I'd like to find something lower in price)

2 - I would like clear-sided to show off my Zalman 9500, but I'm not looking for too much bling

3 - Must have good airflow - I'm going to OC. Don't know if a side fan interferes with the Zalman.

4 - Don't care about a PSU - I'm getting a Seasonic and I'll sell any "stock" PSUs that may come with it.

5 - I'd prefer steel because of the noise factor, but I'm not partial to either alum. or steel.

6 - Weight is of no concern. I don't lug this thing around.

7 - It must be large enough to accomodate 3 hard drives, DVD burner, Flash reader mounted in 5 1/4 bay, the Zalman, and a Nvidia 8800 (don't have one now, but I'm looking to get once prices drop - or whatever is the best option for DX10 at the time).

8 - Temperature gauge would be a nice to have, but not necessary. I'm not a fan of the analog meters.

9 - The lower the noise the better.

Thanks!

More about : case reccomendation 100

January 17, 2007 1:14:35 AM

Thanks...I like the first one. The second one makes me want to buckle up and prepare for take off!
Related resources
January 17, 2007 2:13:14 AM

If you look you can find the P180 for $99.00 shipped (after rebate).

I'm am sure you have haerd many talking about this case but there is a reason.

I just recently did a build with a P180 and it was a great case to work with and is so very well engineered.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
January 17, 2007 2:22:57 AM

Yeah - I've seen the rebate. I like the P180 a lot. I've just struggled to find anything around the same cost or less that has my specs above. The Raidmax in snake's post was pretty cool and right on for what I was looking for - additional suggestions from people who have actually used these boxes. Though I'm certainly leaning towards the P180 right now, I'm curious to see if there is anything out there that comparers to what I like about the P180 and fits the criteria above.

Thanks
January 17, 2007 11:50:25 AM

Anyone have any experience with the Thermaltake Tsunami?
!