HotU character portraits

Last response: in Video Games
July 7, 2004 1:55:06 AM

I've got HotU installed and updated to 1.62. Is there any way to get
rid of those stupid "portraits" that have recently appeared when
creating a new character. I'm talking about the pictures of the
weapons, armor, etc. Like I want to create a character that looks
like a helmet! Anyway to banish them and just see "real" portraits?
Seeing them just bugs me.

Thanks for any help.

Warren
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 10:46:23 AM

Warren wrote:
> I've got HotU installed and updated to 1.62. Is there any way to get
> rid of those stupid "portraits" that have recently appeared when
> creating a new character. I'm talking about the pictures of the
> weapons, armor, etc. Like I want to create a character that looks
> like a helmet! Anyway to banish them and just see "real" portraits?
> Seeing them just bugs me.

You'll have to edit the portraits.2da file and either

A) Replace the lines referencing those portraits with "blank" lines
(i.e. enter **** -- exactly four asterisks -- in each column except
column one); or

B) Make those portraits Plot by setting the appropriate column to 1

Then put the modified .2da file in your /override directory.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 10:46:24 AM

Barry Scott Will <nwn**JUNK**@cavecreations.net> wrote in message news:<3%MGc.35795$MB3.9283@attbi_s04>...
> You'll have to edit the portraits.2da file and either
>
> A) Replace the lines referencing those portraits with "blank" lines
> (i.e. enter **** -- exactly four asterisks -- in each column except
> column one); or
>
> B) Make those portraits Plot by setting the appropriate column to 1
>
> Then put the modified .2da file in your /override directory.

Thanks for the help. I had a modified portraits.2da from somewhere
and figured I needed to do something with that, but couldn't figure
out what.

Warren
!