HotU character portraits

I've got HotU installed and updated to 1.62. Is there any way to get
rid of those stupid "portraits" that have recently appeared when
creating a new character. I'm talking about the pictures of the
weapons, armor, etc. Like I want to create a character that looks
like a helmet! Anyway to banish them and just see "real" portraits?
Seeing them just bugs me.

Thanks for any help.

Warren
2 answers Last reply
More about hotu character portraits

    Warren wrote:
    > I've got HotU installed and updated to 1.62. Is there any way to get
    > rid of those stupid "portraits" that have recently appeared when
    > creating a new character. I'm talking about the pictures of the
    > weapons, armor, etc. Like I want to create a character that looks
    > like a helmet! Anyway to banish them and just see "real" portraits?
    > Seeing them just bugs me.

    You'll have to edit the portraits.2da file and either

    A) Replace the lines referencing those portraits with "blank" lines
    (i.e. enter **** -- exactly four asterisks -- in each column except
    column one); or

    B) Make those portraits Plot by setting the appropriate column to 1

    Then put the modified .2da file in your /override directory.
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first

    Barry Scott Will <nwn**JUNK**@cavecreations.net> wrote in message news:<3%MGc.35795$MB3.9283@attbi_s04>...
    > You'll have to edit the portraits.2da file and either
    >
    > A) Replace the lines referencing those portraits with "blank" lines
    > (i.e. enter **** -- exactly four asterisks -- in each column except
    > column one); or
    >
    > B) Make those portraits Plot by setting the appropriate column to 1
    >
    > Then put the modified .2da file in your /override directory.

    Thanks for the help. I had a modified portraits.2da from somewhere
    and figured I needed to do something with that, but couldn't figure
    out what.

    Warren

Games Video Games