Registry Change via a GPO

I am trying to research how to add a registry entry to all
my workstations through group policy. At this point I
don't think I can do it but I wanted to ask the forum.

I am wanting to add the following entry to
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip
\Parameters] of all workstations.

"IPAutoconfigurationEnabled"=dword:00000000

I've build custom templates but it seems you can only
change security settings on the KEY and not set specific
values on a DWORD. Thanks for any help.

Todd S.
1 answer Last reply
More about registry change

    There are a couple of differnt ways to deploy a registry key to all of your
    clients out there. The options available out of the box are cumbersome and
    difficult to maintain/manage but may suit your needs. You can use a resource
    kit utility called Regini to setup/modify the registy value and deploy that
    via a logon batch. This does not make the registry modification a 'policy'
    it really just does it from a logon script. You can use VBScript to create
    registry keys and that also can be communicated via a logon script.

    If you really want to do this with Group Policy and benefit from the Group
    Policy platform you should take a look at our solution ( registry
    modifications are *free* by the way) called Policy Maker Professional
    (http://www.autoprof.com/policy). Policy Maker professional offers many
    native Client Side Extensions that add functionality to Group Policy that
    allow you to turn Group Policy into your configuration management platform.
    CSEs such as drive mappings, printer mappings, .INI file management,
    environment variables, application settings etc. All of these things can not
    be managed natively in Group Policy.

    Our registry extension is offered free of charge so the task that you
    metioned specifically will not cost you any $$$.

    Please contact me offline if you have any questions about Policy Maker.

    Kevin Sullivan
    Product Manager
    kevin@autoprof.com
    http://www.autoprof.com

    "Todd S" <toddflbass@{ihatespam}yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to research how to add a registry entry to all
    > my workstations through group policy. At this point I
    > don't think I can do it but I wanted to ask the forum.
    >
    > I am wanting to add the following entry to
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip
    > \Parameters] of all workstations.
    >
    > "IPAutoconfigurationEnabled"=dword:00000000
    >
    > I've build custom templates but it seems you can only
    > change security settings on the KEY and not set specific
    > values on a DWORD. Thanks for any help.
    >

    > Todd S.

Policy Workstations Registry Windows