GPO how to remove Recycle bin

Hello all,

i'm setting up GPO's for XP users... it seems that i can get rid of the
basic icons, minus my computer... but i can simply delete the my computer
icon once i log in as the user...

however, i can't seem to get rid of the recycle bin.

setting NO desktop icons is not a possibility, because i give out office
icons on the user's desktop... please advise the best way to kill off the
recycle bin.

User Settings\Administrative Templates\Remove Recycle Bin From Desktop

Kevin
"pittspeed" <turbovw18@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> i'm setting up GPO's for XP users... it seems that i can get rid of the
> basic icons, minus my computer... but i can simply delete the my computer
> icon once i log in as the user...
>
> however, i can't seem to get rid of the recycle bin.
>
> setting NO desktop icons is not a possibility, because i give out office
> icons on the user's desktop... please advise the best way to kill off the
> recycle bin.

admin templates ... .desktop? not there... windows / explorer... not there?

i only have the option to remove my docs or ALL icons... there is no 'remove
recycle bin from desktop'

"Kevin Sullivan" <ksullivan@NOSPAM.autoprof.com> wrote in message
> User Settings\Administrative Templates\Remove Recycle Bin From Desktop
>
> Kevin
> "pittspeed" <turbovw18@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> >
> > i'm setting up GPO's for XP users... it seems that i can get rid of the
> > basic icons, minus my computer... but i can simply delete the my
computer
> > icon once i log in as the user...
> >
> > however, i can't seem to get rid of the recycle bin.
> >
> > setting NO desktop icons is not a possibility, because i give out office
> > icons on the user's desktop... please advise the best way to kill off
the
> > recycle bin.

What system are you using to edit the GPO? I am looking at the settings from
an XP machine and it is all there. Under UserSeetings\Administrative
Templates\Desktop I have about 15 settings to work with.

Hide all ideams on desktop
Remove My Docs from desktop
remove my comp from desktop
remove recycle bin from desktop
remove properties from my docs context menu
remove proerties from my comp context menu
Hide my network places
Hide IE icon
.... lots more...

> admin templates ... .desktop? not there... windows / explorer... not
there?

> i only have the option to remove my docs or ALL icons... there is no
'remove
> recycle bin from desktop'
>

> "Kevin Sullivan" <ksullivan@NOSPAM.autoprof.com> wrote in message
> > User Settings\Administrative Templates\Remove Recycle Bin From Desktop
> >
> > Kevin
> > "pittspeed" <turbovw18@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > i'm setting up GPO's for XP users... it seems that i can get rid of
the
> > > basic icons, minus my computer... but i can simply delete the my
> computer
> > > icon once i log in as the user...
> > >
> > > however, i can't seem to get rid of the recycle bin.
> > >
> > > setting NO desktop icons is not a possibility, because i give out
office
> > > icons on the user's desktop... please advise the best way to kill off
> the
> > > recycle bin.

i'm editing from my win 2k advanced server, or a TS session into that
server... i couldn't imagine that i'm missing snap-in's... i thought it was
odd that i didn't have the recycle bin option... i could of swore i saw it
in the past... i'll reconfig my GPO snaps.