Why Not Intel Mbd for C2D?

Hicks121

Distinguished
May 22, 2006
The badax is a great oc'r, might not be able to get as high fsb as some asus & gigabyte boards, but if yur not into benching & suicide runs, it will work fine.

Just my 2 cents.

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Generally speaking, Intel boards are very good as long as OC is not a priority - many have no OC options.

It depends which boards you are talking about. The bad axe is a great board. Intel creates the chipsets and board makers just tailer the chipset and BIOS to what they want. In general, non-intel boards have more options for RAM, CPU's, voltages, etc.

bunkgoats

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
I have a genuine intel mobo with the 965 chipset and an E6300. Its sweet, won't overclock though. It is rock solid stable and more than fast enough for me.

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
Intel's mainstream boards are good boards for those who don't intend to overclock, which is pretty much how Intel boards are on the whole. The Bad Axe it would seem is an exception to the rule. It's also a high-end board that was designed to cater to the enthusiast overclocking crowd. A concept relatively new and foreign to Intel.