[Nwn] Strange dissappearances

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Hi, I'm playing the 2nd chapter of Neverwinter Nights and discovered that
something strange has happened. I've returned 2 of the Serpent's gems
(Wanev's and Setara's) but the journal says only one has been returned.
Also, the Harp of (Pandemonium? Discord?)that I got off Stirge the evil
gnome in the Charwood forest has suddenly dissappeared from my inventory. Is
there a bug I should know about and how do I get these items back?

"noway" <noway@hotmailnever.com> wrote in message

> > HTH
> >
> > Warren
>
> I've also just had a weapon disappear from my inventory -- an awesome
> magical sword I had forged in the first act.... It just vanished from my
> inventory after doing a quick weapon switch.... this a known bug?
>
> I'm bummed as I don't have a real recent save and must either load up an
old
> save with the weapon and replay about 2 hours... or just live without it.

If there isn't room in your inventory when you swap weapons, the one being
removed from your weapons slot will be dropped. Take a look around the area
you were in when swapping weapons.

Windigo

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:09:26 -0700, noway wrote:

> I've also just had a weapon disappear from my inventory -- an awesome
> magical sword I had forged in the first act.... It just vanished from my
> inventory after doing a quick weapon switch.... this a known bug?

I go along with Windigo... how full was your inventory when this
happened?

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:09:26 -0700, "noway" <noway@hotmailnever.com>
wrote:

>I've also just had a weapon disappear from my inventory -- an awesome
>magical sword I had forged in the first act.... It just vanished from my
>inventory after doing a quick weapon switch.... this a known bug?
>
>I'm bummed as I don't have a real recent save and must either load up an old
>save with the weapon and replay about 2 hours... or just live without it.

There's a non-bug that causes this. If your backpack is full
and you do a weapon switch the weapon may end up dropped on the ground
instead.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:20:02 -0500, "Windigo"
<windigo(a)@paganplanet.com> wrote:

>If there isn't room in your inventory when you swap weapons, the one being
>removed from your weapons slot will be dropped. Take a look around the area
>you were in when swapping weapons.

Note also that the weapon in hand goes into your backpack
*BEFORE* the new one comes out.

"gobadaba" <gabadaba@sehag.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:09:26 -0700, noway wrote:
>
> > I've also just had a weapon disappear from my inventory -- an awesome
> > magical sword I had forged in the first act.... It just vanished from my
> > inventory after doing a quick weapon switch.... this a known bug?
>
> I go along with Windigo... how full was your inventory when this
> happened?

Nope not full at all. Even if it did drop, I keep my finger on the tab key
most times so the chances of me missing an item drop is kinda unlikely. I
think something is really screwed up with my save game :(