hello. every time i restart my computer the windows installer box pops up.
then a norton anti-vrus box pops up that says norton anti-virus does not
support repair. these were both pre loaded on my emachines computer (2 weeks
old)
--
dale

Meridian

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2004

This is a common problem. It usually happens if the Norton AV start menu
items have been moved from where they were installed. See

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/fc096f3adb76b4d388256f08006d038b?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

for the official solutions. There are a lot of other fixes out there
(just type the error message into Google) but they don't always work.
There's a good discussion of the problem here:

http://computercops.biz/postt78792.html

Hope this helps.