Setting home directory via GPO

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Is there a way I can set a user's home directory via a Group Policy? I have around 100 students that will have home directories and I want to avoid having to set each student's home directory manually. I know I can acheive this by using a loging script, however, I am trying to avoid using login scripts.

Thanks in Advance,
Chris

This cannot be done with a GPO but you can script it or use ldifde to do it.

This article shows how to use ldifde to export objects modify the
attributes.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/administration/redir-ldifde.asp

Tim Hines, MCSE, MCSA
Windows 2000 Directory Services