Logon script to depoy SP3

David

hi!

I've created a administrative installation point. Now, i'm thinking of push
the officeXPSP3 through logon script, coz i find it taking too long to
update patches to the administrative installation point, and the clients' officexp need to be uninstall and installed everytime new SP or patches are deployed.

So, i'm thinking of using logon script to apply SP3. I got zero knowledge in logon script. So, hope that someone can help me on accomplishing that. Or is there any more effective way of deploying the officeXP SP3?

Thks!

David

"David" wrote:

> hi!
>
> I've created a administrative installation point. Now, i'm thinking of push
> the officeXPSP3 through logon script, coz i find it taking too long to
> update patches to the administrative installation point, and the clients' officexp need to be uninstall and installed everytime new SP or patches are deployed.
>
> So, i'm thinking of using logon script to apply SP3. I got zero knowledge in logon script. So, hope that someone can help me on accomplishing that. Or is there any more effective way of deploying the officeXP SP3?
>
> Thks!

hi! another question is that, how can i make sure that user doesn't need an administrative account to install that officeSP3? can logon script do that?

David-

Have you looked at

http://briandesmond.com/blog/archive/2003/10/25/233.aspx
http://briandesmond.com/blog/archive/2004/04/19/367.aspx

?

These cover the steps you're looking to do, as far as admin points go.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com