Scecli EventID 1704 isn't always logged in Application Eve..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.registry,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I've been noticing that when viewing the Application Event Viewer that the
following message has not been showing up a regular basis. Message as
follows:

Security policy in the Group policy objects are applied successfully.
EventID 1704.

How do I get this message to post regularly to the Application Event Viewer?

I also see the following message in the Application Event Viewer:

The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber
{6295DF2D-35EE-11D1-8707-00C04FD93327}. CoCreateInstanceEx returned HRESULT
8000401A. EventID 4100.

Finally I see the following message in the System Event Viewer:

Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server using
DefaultLaunchPermssion. The server is:
{00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
The user is Unavailable/Unavailable, SID=Unavailable. EventID 10003.

Would these messages cause my computer to lock up without any warning? For
the past few days, I have been unable to successfully run a Full System
Virus Scan using Norton Anti-Virus 2004. Also, Autodesk Inventor R7 will
lock up without warning. It would appear that if EventID 1704 is not
posted, both applications will lock up without warning. I did notice today
that the event DID post, and I was able to do a complete Virus Scan without
locking up. I'm guessing that the errors I've just mentioned are causing my
computer to lock up.

Any tips, suggestions or errata on this matter would be greatly
appreciated!!
4 answers Last reply
More about scecli eventid 1704 logged application
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.registry,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    I don't really know what the problem is offhand but a few things. Go to
    http://eventid.net to search for your event id's. Be sure to enter number and source.
    You also might want to boot into safe mode to see the problem improves as safe mode
    bypasses a lot of startup applications. If it does help, you can use a copy of
    msconfig from an XP box or download from the internet to selectively disable
    applications and services to pinpoint the problem application. Of course I recommend
    that you use the latest service pack and be current on critical updates if not
    already. Running System File Checker as in sfc /scannow can help sometimes, though if
    you are not using SP4 it may overwrite critical updates. You also can force a refresh
    of security policy by using secedit as in " secedit refreshpolicy machine_policy
    /enforce" . --- Steve

    http://www.perfectdrivers.com/howto/msconfig.html
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;222471
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814510

    "Zzyzx" <Zzyzx@zzyzx.com> wrote in message
    > I've been noticing that when viewing the Application Event Viewer that the
    > following message has not been showing up a regular basis. Message as
    > follows:
    >
    > Security policy in the Group policy objects are applied successfully.
    > EventID 1704.
    >
    > How do I get this message to post regularly to the Application Event Viewer?
    >
    > I also see the following message in the Application Event Viewer:
    >
    > The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber
    > {6295DF2D-35EE-11D1-8707-00C04FD93327}. CoCreateInstanceEx returned HRESULT
    > 8000401A. EventID 4100.
    >
    > Finally I see the following message in the System Event Viewer:
    >
    > Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server using
    > DefaultLaunchPermssion. The server is:
    > {00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    > The user is Unavailable/Unavailable, SID=Unavailable. EventID 10003.
    >
    > Would these messages cause my computer to lock up without any warning? For
    > the past few days, I have been unable to successfully run a Full System
    > Virus Scan using Norton Anti-Virus 2004. Also, Autodesk Inventor R7 will
    > lock up without warning. It would appear that if EventID 1704 is not
    > posted, both applications will lock up without warning. I did notice today
    > that the event DID post, and I was able to do a complete Virus Scan without
    > locking up. I'm guessing that the errors I've just mentioned are causing my
    > computer to lock up.
    >
    > Any tips, suggestions or errata on this matter would be greatly
    > appreciated!!

    Steve: Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a try and report back.
    Thanks!

> [...]
    > > {00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    > > The user is Unavailable/Unavailable, SID=Unavailable. EventID 10003.
    > >
    > > Would these messages cause my computer to lock up without any warning?
    For
    > > the past few days, I have been unable to successfully run a Full System
    > > Virus Scan using Norton Anti-Virus 2004. Also, Autodesk Inventor R7
    will
    > > lock up without warning. It would appear that if EventID 1704 is not
    > > posted, both applications will lock up without warning. I did notice
    today
    > > that the event DID post, and I was able to do a complete Virus Scan
    without
    > > locking up. I'm guessing that the errors I've just mentioned are
    causing my
    > > computer to lock up.
    > >
    > > Any tips, suggestions or errata on this matter would be greatly

    I'm seeing DCOM errors as I move from web site to web site. The error reads
    as follows:

    Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The server is:
    {00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    The user is Unavailable/Unavailable, SID=Unavailable. I know that the
    GUID(?) has to do with MobSync. The EventID is 10002. Do I need to have
    MobSync running? What is its purpose?

    I'm still not seeing any reference to MSDTC unless I manually stop and
    restart it. It was configure to manual and usually found running. I
    changed it to Automatic, yet I still don't see it in the log files without a
    manual stop/start. Is it important to have MSDTC running.

    I have SP4 installed along with all critical updates and most, but not all
    Win 2K updates installed.

    Any advice would be most welcomed!

> [...]
    > > {00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    > > The user is Unavailable/Unavailable, SID=Unavailable. EventID 10003.
    > >
    > > Would these messages cause my computer to lock up without any warning?
    For
    > > the past few days, I have been unable to successfully run a Full System
    > > Virus Scan using Norton Anti-Virus 2004. Also, Autodesk Inventor R7
    will
    > > lock up without warning. It would appear that if EventID 1704 is not
    > > posted, both applications will lock up without warning. I did notice
    today
    > > that the event DID post, and I was able to do a complete Virus Scan
    without
    > > locking up. I'm guessing that the errors I've just mentioned are
    causing my
    > > computer to lock up.
    > >
    > > Any tips, suggestions or errata on this matter would be greatly

    I don't believe you have to have MobSync running if you are not using it as described
    in the link below.

    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/mobsync/

    MSDTC is used for SQL server and personal web server as described below.

    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/msdtc/

    It is very possible you do not either. If you are not using personal web server, you
    can go to control panel/add and remove programs/windows components and remove it. It
    may be referred to as IIS. Booting into safe mode may also help to indicate if you
    have a problem with a software conflict. You can use msconfig from an XP box or
    download from the internet to troubleshoot that by using selective startup. Which
    might be remedied by uninstalling and reinstalling offending program. Always disable
    your virus scan auto protection and other start up applications before you install
    new software. I would not worry too much about errors in the log if everything is
    working well. --- Steve

> [...]
    > > > {00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    > > > The user is Unavailable/Unavailable, SID=Unavailable. EventID 10003.
    > > >
    > > > Would these messages cause my computer to lock up without any warning?
    > For
    > > > the past few days, I have been unable to successfully run a Full System
    > > > Virus Scan using Norton Anti-Virus 2004. Also, Autodesk Inventor R7
    > will
    > > > lock up without warning. It would appear that if EventID 1704 is not
    > > > posted, both applications will lock up without warning. I did notice
    > today
    > > > that the event DID post, and I was able to do a complete Virus Scan
    > without
    > > > locking up. I'm guessing that the errors I've just mentioned are
    > causing my
    > > > computer to lock up.
    > > >
    > > > Any tips, suggestions or errata on this matter would be greatly

Policy Event Viewer Microsoft Windows